14th August 2007
Christian Knufinke Software has announced the release of SIR2, an easy-to-use audio-plugin that provides high-quality reverberation - the commercial successor to the freeware SIR1.
SIR2 offers zero-latency processing with low CPU-consumption and non-destructive audio processing of impulse responses. It includes high definition impulse responses (HDIR) of *real* places produced by Pinguin, Hamburg. You can also import impulse responses from free or commercial sources.
- Zero latency processing.
- Includes Pinguin's High Definition Impulse Responses.
- "True Stereo" processing (a stereo convolution takes place for every source channel (left + right)).
- High-quality internal sample rate converting.
- Separate dry/wet control (-60db .. +20dB).
- Free non-destructive amplitude envelope.
- Free non-destructive filter envelope.
- Predelay (0ms - 2000ms).
- Stretch control (high quality resampling).
- Forward / reverse switch.
- Stereo In / Stereo IR Control.
- Linear phase FFT-EQ.
- Signal routing options.
- HDIR-Direct On/Off switch.
- Imports WAV, AIF, FLAC, BWS, OGG file formats.
SIR2 costs €149and is available as a VST effect plug-in for Windows. A demo version is available. Also available, priced at €129, is the Pinguin HDIR Extra Package, featuring 12 additional high-quality impulse responses for SIR2. To use HDIR Extra Package an installed and licensed SIR2 instance is required. They can be purchased together for €239.