10th October 2011
Cinematique Instruments has announced the release of Upright Piano for Kontakt.
Upright Piano is a further development of the lovely and beloved Zeitter & Winkelmann piano Cinematique Instruments released in 2009. In contrast to this earlier version this new Upright Piano is a bright and high quality upright piano for contemporary uses. In order to achieve a rich, natural and warm piano sound CI spent several days just checking out the right microphone positions, then after finding the right set up the piano was tuned finely and they started the extensive recordings. Finally they added some very nice and intelligent scriptings to get a perfect balanced and versatile piano sound which is best suited for numerous music genres.
The "Upright Piano" patch provides a knob with 6 presets in order to quickly change the sound colour. The presets are called "Natural", "Ambiance A+B" (cinematic), "Pop" (sharp) "RnB" (groovy), "80ies". You also get knobs to control the warmness, the bottom, the reverb and the length of the piano. Furthermore there are switches to choose the reverb room size, to activate EQ, timbres and a honky-tonk simulation. Besides the normal patch of sustained notes the Upright Piano provides further patches such as plucked and bowed notes and textures, fx and glissando notes.
- Well-balanced and versatile sound.
- 6 patches to quickly change the sound timbre.
- Intelligent scripting.
- Mapped from A-1 to C7.
- Extensive recording sessions.
- Further advanced patches.
The Upright Piano patches:
- Upright Piano - 6 presets, intelligent scripting, several reverb sizes, mapping A-1 to C7 in mostly 5 velocity layer.
- Upright Piano Bowed - looped, separate release notes, mapping A-1 to C7, scripting.
- Upright Piano FX Destroy - 10 processed impact sounds.
- Upright Piano FX Glissando - 46 glissando sounds in every possible length and dynamic.
- Upright Piano FX Textures - 23 different textures from low ambiance abstract to scary, looped.
- Upright Piano Pad - created by processed plucked notes, looped, separate release notes, mapping A-1 to C7, scripting.
- Upright Piano Plucked - piano notes plucked by a hammered dulcimer mallet, 2 velocity layer, mapping A-1 to C7, scripting.
As bonus, Cinematique Instruments deliver the old and draft Zeitter & Winkelmann patches:
- Zeitter & Winkelmann
- Zeitter & Winkelmann Shrt Attk (with a very short attack and decay, good for sequencing).
- Zeitter & Winkelmann FX (played the strings with fingers).
Pricing & Availability
The pricing is €42. The release date is October 10th, 2011.
More info, videos and demo songs at: www.cinematique-instruments.com
20 Dec 2012 Cinematique Instruments updates GECKO to 2.0
29 Nov 2013 Ilya Efimov Production Black Friday Sale
28 Nov 2013 Audiority introduces Hybrid Bundles series
26 Nov 2013 Syntone releases "Metal Can Drums" for Kontakt
21 Nov 2013 YummyBeats releases the YummyBeats Collection 2
21 Nov 2013 MaxSynths releases XS-Bongo for Kontakt/WAV