16th November 2010
Cinematique Instruments has announced the release of Sägezahn, a new sample library for Kontakt 3+. It costs €16.
Sägezahn is the German term for saw (sawtooth) - a certain type of signal generator wave, especially used in older times when synthesizers used subtractive synthesis, which is a simple acoustic model that works with a simple signal generator followed by filter, envelopes and LFOs. Sägezahn contains an assortment of sounds which were made by using the nasty sawtooth generator/ oscillators and filters of the Korg MS20, Roland JX-3P, Ensoniq ESQ-1 and Electro Harmonix Microsynth. Sägezahn is suitable for almost every music genre, even film-scores.
Cinematique Instruments sampled all mentioned machines and processed and edited the sounds enriched by filter works. You also get scriptings for each instrument providing loads of variations such as length of decay (perfect for arpeggiator), filter (LP+HP), cabinet simulation, reverb amount and arpeggiator. A highlight is the multi patch of 7 different sounds delivering a monster Sägezahn sound.
Summary of all 11 patches:
- FatSaw 720e (fat and warm).
- Funk Saw (phasing saw).
- Fuzzer Arp (old and noisy).
- Juno Brass (typical sound).
- Juno Clav (typical Juno clavinet simulation sound).
- Mean Bass Saw (real bass through a saw filter).
- MS Dbl Saw (2 Osc pure saw of MS20).
- MS Fart (1 Osc pure saw of MS20).
- Phat Ape (big and aggressive).
- Saw Church (organ alike).
- X-esq (80ies saw).
- Fat Monster (multi of 7 sounds, really fat).