26th August 2011
Cockos has updated REAPER to version 4.02.
REAPER 4.02 improves on 4.0's mouse modifier support, adding more scrub/jog customization and marquee zoom support. REAPER now has a stack of zoom/scroll states, so you can easily cycle through recent views. The project settings dialog has also been reorganized slightly, offering a cleaner arrangement of project specific configuration. This version also offers the usual assortment of small behavior and stability fixes - see below.
- Mouse modifiers:
- Support draw/edit/ramp CC events when starting the edit over a CC event.
- Added contexts for arrange view middle-click, middle-drag, edit cursor handle.
- Many new options for marquee zoom, restore zoom, browser scroll, scrub/jog behaviors.
- Better preservation of pre-existing user customizations.
- Behaviors to move item edge without changing fade-in end or fade-out start time.
- Better behavior when assigning mouse click to actions like "move item to cursor".
- Control+right-click creates a time selection by default (as in 3.x).
- MIDI editor:
- Fixed bad behavior when drawing over existing CC events with snap enabled.
- Fixed horizontal zoom with mouse cursor center, when using project-synced timebase.
- Avoid accidental time selections in ruler.
- Support negative swing quantize.
- Fixed possible oddness when editing CC with auto-select CC enabled.
- Project bay:
- Use file resolving when loading retained items.
- Show error message when move/copy file fails because the target file already exists.
- List tracks by name.
- Fixed drag/render-drag of multiple items on OSX.
- Allow editing initial envelope point regardless of editing preferences.
- Option to add transition point when recording automation while playback is stopped.
- Clicking on an envelope point no longer seeks playback.
- Fixed stuck notes when looping.
- Renaming one pooled take renames all pooled takes.
- Project settings:
- Reorganization, more sensible layout hopefully.
- Added track mixing bit depth configuration.
- Count-in: follow tempo and time signature at play start position, not prior to it.
- Directory cleanup: ignore files that are retained in project bays.
- Media explorer: added action to close media explorer.
- Nudge: actions to nudge item contents apply only to the active take (similar to slip editing).
- ReaSurround: continue to increase FX IO count when dragging IO from tracks.
- Render queue: fixed display of time-selection renders.
- Samplitude EDL: support for offsets/lengths greater than 2 billion samples.
- Scrub: avoid senseless jogs after edit cursor moves.
- Slip editing: fix for possible hang.
- Stem rendering: faster, does not process irrelevant tracks, option in prefs/rendering for old behavior.
- Volume displays: fixed display of certain gain values in default theme.
- VST: fixed preset selection when there are multiple factory presets with the same name.
- Windows Aero: keep always on top pins out of window list when REAPER non-responsive.
- Zoom: fixed display of item backgrounds with very zoomed in and long project times.
- Zoom/scroll: now has a stack of recent zoom/scrolls, added actions to restore previous/next.
15 May 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.402
18 Apr 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.33
26 Nov 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.31
15 Nov 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.30
17 Jul 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.25
10 Apr 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.22
26 Mar 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.21
21 Mar 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.20
30 Jan 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.151
18 Jan 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.15
07 Oct 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.10
26 Aug 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.02
09 Aug 2011 Cockos releases REAPER 4 (4.0.1)
25 Jul 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.77
28 Apr 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.76
31 Jan 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.75
05 Jan 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.74
18 Nov 2010 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.73
20 Oct 2010 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.72