17th July 2012
Cockos has updated REAPER to version 4.25.
- better support for UTF-8 filenames.
- fixed bug where increasing track channels during playback with PDC-JS could cause dropouts.
- fixed loop() behavior with negative counts on x86-64.
- fixed some unuseful order of operation behaviors relating to certain operators.
- import file support for code usability (use .jsfx-inc, these files will not be shown in the FX browser).
- for .jsfx-inc files, just use @init with functions plus any global initialization needed.
- import can also be used to import other FX and provide the ability to override individual code sections.
- improved code generation, most JS FX should now run substantially faster.
- improved handling of doubleclicks in @gfx.
- improved sizing behavior on OS X.
- improvements to JSFX IDE/editor.
- sent/received MIDI messages are now forced to be sorted by time.
- support for new language constructs (functions, object-namespaces, xor operations, etc).
- Tempo envelope:
- action/dialog to adjust entire tempo map to a target tempo.
- default project timebase is now beats (existing projects are not affected).
- disallowed freehand drawing for the master tempo envelope.
- disallowed moving one tempo/time signature marker past another.
- easier marquee/selection of master tempo envelope points.
- editing multiple points at once applies the change proportionally (not +/- constant BPM).
- markers are always pinned to beat position rather than time.
- per-marker setting for allowing a partial measure prior to the marker.
- playback position obeys project timebase (time or beats) when user edits project tempo during playback.
- saner manual editing of tempo changes when "gradually transition tempo" is enabled.
- visual BPM range of envelope can be configured.
- visual display of time signature change points is different from tempo change points.
- Time signatures:
- manual editing requires them to be placed at the start of a measure.
- automatically correct time signatures when adding/removing partial measures from the project.
- time signature changes that truncate the previous measure are displayed in the ruler with an asterisk.
- with snap disabled, moving time signature markers will optionally modify the preceding tempo.
- with snap enabled, time signature changes snap to bars, tempo changes snap to grid.
- support for knob bitmap stacks.
- theme layout lines can end in backslash to extend statement to next line.
- transport status better supports layout images.
- user-defined font support, other improvements.
- added action to insert ReaEQ on a track, get/set ReaEQ parameters.
- fixed action to insert time and paste items.
- added actions to toggle playback and record preroll.
- added CreateNewMIDIItemInProject function.
- added function to insert tempo/time signature changes.
- fix for Waves loading crashes.
- support for plug-ins that receive MIDI sysex.
- External editors:
- dedicated action for opening associated projects in REAPER.
- improved external editor display/running logic, associated project references are fallbacks rather than prioritized.
- support for older client implementations when handling messages with no arguments.
- support for track EQ parameters and feedback.
- Region/Marker Manager:
- edit marker/region numbers, start, end, length in place in the list view.
- support for importing/exporting csv file, exporting txt description.
- actions to go to another region after the current region finishes playing (smooth seek).
- fixed action to delete region near cursor.
- Take lanes:
- action to collapse empty take lanes.
- do not create unnecessary extra take lanes when punching in.
- Colortheme: tweaks to default theme.
- Crossfades: fixed unwanted creation of crossfade when editing the other edge of a media item.
- DDP support: improvements (MD5, CD-TEXT support, UTF-8/ASCII conversion).
- Envelopes: fixed persistence of preference to reset automation mode after writing automation.
- EULA: amended to make it clear that developing and selling plug-ins and extensions is allowed.
- Faster REAPER shutdown process (can also reduce crashes on exit on OS X).
- Freeze: fixed support for freeze in undo states (broken since 4.20).
- FX envelopes: store special flag for wet/bypass envelopes in case plug-in parameter counts change.
- FX learn: support for toggle mode (toggle an FX parameter on/off with a single mapping).
- LTC generator: support for 23.976fps (though this is non-standard).
- MIDI: optimizations to MIDI item processing when using large blocks with lots of tempo changes.
- MIDI editor: zoom behavior fixes in certain instances.
- MIDI loop recording: MIDI recording within a time selection optionally creates a selection-length media item.
- MIDI note properties: accepts manual note input (not just using the dropdown).
- Navigator: do not show tempo changes (only time signature markers are displayed).
- OS X: fixed a menu related bug for older OS X versions.
- Playback seek: settings moved to new Preferences/Audio/Seeking page.
- Preferences: split Envelopes page into separate Envelope Display and Automation Behavior pages.
- Scrolling: option for continuous scrolling during playback.
- Toolbars: improved double-width toolbar button image scaling.
- WINE: fixed support for non-conforming CallWindowProcW (still calls ASCII combobox wndproc when passed, unlike Win7/XP).
15 Apr 2014 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.611
21 Mar 2014 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.61
03 Mar 2014 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.602
22 Jan 2014 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.591
18 Dec 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.581
17 Dec 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.58
19 Nov 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.57
14 Nov 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.56
28 Oct 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.55
16 Oct 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.54
06 Sep 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.52
15 May 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.402
18 Apr 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.33
26 Nov 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.31
15 Nov 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.30
17 Jul 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.25
10 Apr 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.22
26 Mar 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.21
21 Mar 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.20
20 Jan 2011 Peavey announces Xport USB Guitar Interface