22nd September 2008
Cockos has released version 2.5 of REAPER, featuring track control grouping, REX2 support, Dynamic Split interactive beat slicing, and a lot more. The Windows x64 Beta and Mac OS X Beta versions have also been updated.
- Uber track control group support (shift+G defaults to show group settings, Ctrl+Alt+G shows new Track Grouping Matrix).
- REX2 file support, imported slices keep beat location if project tempo changes (todo support moving items across tempo changes, currently slices must be re-imported).
- Dynamic Split interactive beat slicing and quantization.
- Action: detect tempo, create measure from time selection (new or current time signature, one bar or many).
- Action: extend or swap selection to next transient in selected items.
- Action: move items left/right by grid.
- Action: set/adjust arrange view grid size.
- Action: move cursor to next/prior zero crossing (Z, shift+Z by default).
- Action: split item at prior zero crossing (alt+Z by default).
- Action: move cursor to nearest transient in selected items.
- Action: adjust item rate while clearing preserve pitch.
- Action: set/clear item "preserve pitch" setting.
- Action: select all tracks in groups 1.32.
- Action: create chromatic MIDI notes from selected items.
- Shift+3/4,5/6 now map to item rate changes (10-cent, semitone), clearing preserve pitch.
- JS: utility/volume_pan with parameter smoothing (for use with param modulation).
- JS: utility/phase_adjust now handles stereo (phase rotates each channel, not the stereo image).
- JS: delay_sustain effect.
- JS: vca_master and vca_slave for emulating VCA-style control using audio routing.
- JS: spectropaint effect, fixes to gfxanalyzer and gfxspectrograph.
- New mute and solo button context menus with toggle/exclusive/clear options.
- Add-FX dialog: remembers recent searches in dropdown list.
- MIDI editor: rename current MIDI take from MIDI editor menu.
- Option to disable alt key opening menus in main, midi editor, mixer windows.
- Render stem actions now render pre-fader signal, new actions for old post-fader stems behavior.
- Prefs/editing behavior: slider for tab-to-transient sensitivity.
- Glue: glues items to project samplerate if project samplerate is set.
- Routing matrix: fixed some scrollbar bugs, improved tooltips, added track grouping view.
- Saving a project with copy/move that has media loaded into ReaSamplomatic and ReaVerb now copies that media to project directory.
- Option in Prefs/Appearance to allow choosing track group display modes (ribbons, lines, none).
- Better pooling of media file resources for better RAM use (especially with lots of splits).
- Better automatic track naming, updating of UI on autoname.
- Better pooling of pitch shifter resources (track-pooled to avoid excess reinitializations).
- Undo system: reduced memory use throughout (better granularity etc).
- WavPack: updated to 4.50, fixed bug in metadata reading, BWF tag read/write.
- Recording volume/pan automation with ganged/grouped tracks is now supported.
- Better ganged/grouped vol/pan fader behavior (relative levels not lost at extremities).
- MIDI media items no longer reset CCs at end, just pitch and notes.
- ReaEQ: better deferred display updating, uses LICE bitmaps (todo: full LICE conversion).
- Removed excess ini file writing resizing midi editor CC lane.
- Removing presets in preset list now cleans up the preset file more.
- MCP: multiple track selection follows MCP track order and visibility.
- Shift+Click for time selection behaves better with snap and other options.
- Shift+Click for loop selection in ruler now works correctly when time+loop selections locked.
- Fixed touch automation on track mutes.
- Screenset window now updates shortcuts when using alternate recording section.
- Prefs/Keyboard is back, has link to actions window.
- Improved threadsafeness of media creation and peak cache system.
- Fixed relative grid actions in midi editor showing display.
- Fixed auto-add of envelope setting initial (t=0) value.
- Fixed crash on JS with only outputs and opening pin manager.
- Fixes for tab to transient and zero crossing detection for heavily stretched items.
- Improved behavior of preference to not allow projects to override audio hardware sample rate.
- Fix for ReaNINJAM problems introduced in 2.45 (ogg end of stream behavior).
- Fixed GDI leak in ReaEQ added in 2.42 (nyquist line drawing).
- Fixed GDI leak in skinned-scrollbar code.
- Restore MIDI editor note row display state when reopening a project.
- AU: update generic UI on factory default preset loading.
- Fix for JS with only outputs crashing when plugin pin matrix opened.
- Fix for preset system storing large presets (ini file line size issue).
- Fix for parameter modulation/automation reading when "run fx when stopped" is disabled.
- Moved many JS fx from old_unsupported back to their authors path.
15 May 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.402
18 Apr 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.33
26 Nov 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.31
15 Nov 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.30
17 Jul 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.25
10 Apr 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.22
26 Mar 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.21
21 Mar 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.20
30 Jan 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.151
18 Jan 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.15
07 Oct 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.10
26 Aug 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.02
09 Aug 2011 Cockos releases REAPER 4 (4.0.1)
25 Jul 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.77
28 Apr 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.76
31 Jan 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.75
05 Jan 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.74
18 Nov 2010 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.73
20 Oct 2010 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.72