26th April 2010
Cockos has updated REAPER to v3.451.
Changes in v3.451:
- Resampling: fixed a bug added in 3.45.
- Fixed a bug in peak-cache reference counting in certain instances when recording.
Changes in v3.45:
- Trim behind items:
- Option to always trim behind active items when editing (prevent overlaps).
- Option to always trim behind new items when recording (prevent splitting/takes).
- Options can be changed via Options menu or actions (can be placed on toolbar).
- Editing option applies when pasting, importing, drag/dropping media.
- Support for passing all keyboard input to plug-in, for Carbon-based plug-ins.
- Removed excess processing on startup when switching between architectures (Intel/PPC/64).
- Fixed themed play cursor drawing bugs.
- Themed cursor support, cleanups to cursors to match Windows.
- Changing modifier keys without moving the mouse updates cursor immediately.
- 64-bit VST UI support.
- Safer closing of VST configurations when unloading (force autorelease).
- Fixed AU cocoa views for some plug-ins.
- Avoid trying to use PPC bridging if rosetta is not installed.
- Fixed underscore entry in JS editor.
- Fixed ReaMote bridge support.
- Screensets save/restore the docker height.
- Added actions:
- Added show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder (in options menu).
- Reset all MIDI devices (brings OSX missing MIDI devices back to life).
- Remove fadein/fadeout for selected items.
- Enable/disable default media item fadein/fadeout.
- Snap selected media items to nearest snap point left/right/either.
- Move selected envelope points left/right a little bit or by grid, up/down a little bit.
- Do not change envelope point selection when opening context menu.
- Do not focus envelopes on many operations (such as moving env pts from track to track).
- Fixed envelope state changing on y-move of media items.
- Fix for hard-to-edit envelope point when snapping to many small media items on the track.
- User option to double-click to add points to take envelopes.
- Avoid creating duplicate envelope points when moving items.
- MIDI editor:
- Reduce flicker when marquee selecting in piano roll.
- Reduce flicker when changing selection in event list.
- Fixed CPU hang on some builds when scrolling to C-1.
- Mousewheel/relative controller actions to adjust selected event times or values.
- Shift+mousewheel (re-assignable) adjusts selected event values (piano roll or event list).
- Shift+horizontal mousewheel (magic mouse) (re-assignable) adjusts selected event times.
- Update CC lane usage indicator immediately when adding or deleting in CC lane.
- Better Windows 7/Vista UAC support for user customizable content (JS, ColorThemes, etc).
- Faster display updating on some actions.
- Installer installs start menu/desktop icons to all users rather than current user.
- Installer file type registrations separate for x64 and x86.
- User-editable content (themes, JS, etc) are now installed to user profile directory automatically.
- File reading: if a file cannot be read because it is being written, try to open anyway.
- Support for (Windows) logo key / (OSX) control key for shortcuts.
- Creating chromatic MIDI from selected items now respects tempo changes.
- Item nudging (up/down/left/right) actions now affect envelope points if an envelope is focused.
- Update main window immediately following actions when non-lazy updates enabled.
- Free item positioning mode:
- Preserve auto-crossfades when automatically repositioning items.
- Preserve existing item arrangement when recording new items.
- Fixed time_adjustment flipping stereo channels.
- Removed configuration for JS path -- always uses common (installed) resource path.
- Media explorer:
- Fixed end of loop glitch on preview of certain items.
- Smoother preview looping when starting preview on the bar.
- Media item fades:
- Alt+click deletes fadein/fadeout.
- Shift+drag moves entire crossfade region regardless of auto-crossfade setting.
- Shift+right click a crossfade to change the fade shape of both sides at once.
- Show preview peaks on items currently being recorded and inserted in project/other projects.
- Better logic for building when using multiple projects and recording.
- Faster peaks display.
- Can now change tempo in all-slices mode via source properties.
- Better behavior when relaunching while splash is still open.
- Show splash screen in taskbar when launching.
- Zipped theme image support, ReaperThemeZip support (for combination of theme + images).
- Default themes are now included in the new format for faster installs/USB copies/first runs.
- Improved stopped behavior, scrub behavior.
- Native FFmpeg support if installed.
- Do not unload plug-in code from RAM, unless new option for old behavior is set.
- Fix for broken plug-ins that send NULL VstEvents.
- API: Added track FX window showing/hiding APIs.
- Cursors: item fadein/fadeout cursor is easier to see, new xfade_move cursor for crossfade shift+drag.
- Dual trim: editing a shared edge between selected items also edits other selected item pairs.
- FX: last touched parameter is updated only on mouse move, not controller move.
- Help menu: PDF/CHM files can now be read from REAPER appdata Docs/ folder (or exe path on Windows).
- Item and waveform drawing: draw items more consistently opaque when their audio masks other items.
- OGG/Vorbis: updated to libogg-1.2.0, libvorbis-1.3.1.
- Presets: now stored in appdata/presets by default (old preset- filenames still work in their existing paths).
- ReaControlMIDI: added UTF8 support for UI.
- ReaScript: fixed Python support on OSX (broken in 3.4).
- Recording: project secondary path, can set per track option to use secondary path.
- Resampling: internal cleanups, freeing of unused memory when changing modes.
- SoundTouch: fixed processing of single sample blocks (fixes media explorer loop glitch when tempo matching).
15 May 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.402
18 Apr 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.33
26 Nov 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.31
15 Nov 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.30
17 Jul 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.25
10 Apr 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.22
26 Mar 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.21
21 Mar 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.20
30 Jan 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.151
18 Jan 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.15
07 Oct 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.10
26 Aug 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.02
09 Aug 2011 Cockos releases REAPER 4 (4.0.1)
25 Jul 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.77
28 Apr 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.76
31 Jan 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.75
05 Jan 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.74
18 Nov 2010 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.73
20 Oct 2010 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.72