5th October 2010
Cockos has updated REAPER to v3.71. It's been a while since we reported on a REAPER update so take a deep breath for the changes since version 3.63 that follow.
- ASIO: requested audio block size: fixed power-of-two rounding mode.
- Media items: drawing fix for empty items.
- ASIO: support for requesting audio block size (many drivers will ignore, though).
- Arc/roundrect drawing: fixed bugs, smaller code.
- Floating toolbar: fixed refresh on update of theme.
- MIDI editor: avoid unsafe memory access on undo.
- Themes: fixed drawing glitch on docker tabs (and potentially elsewhere) introduced in 3.69.
- OSX: fixed potential crash under certain focus conditions (impl IsWindow()).
- Media item labels: option to show/hide text label based on item height.
- Media item buttons: option to show/hide buttons based on item height.
- Nudge/set: pass space bar through from nudge dialog to main window.
- OSX: avoid blinking cursor and tooltip when holding down a modifier key.
- OSX: fixed VST-shell project loading on PPC.
- OSX: fixed drawing issues (primarily related to docked media explorer).
- Parameter modulation: fixed problem when using latent plugins.
- Project: safer writing of long lines to project file/undo memory.
- Themes: background stretching fixes.
- Dynamic split: fixed forced reduction of splits during calculation.
- Media items: better rounding of timing of certain start offsets.
- Media items: fixed undo/redo of take deletion broken in 3.67.
- MIDI editor: tick accuracy improvements when pasting MIDI.
- MIDI editor: fixed scrub preview for CC messages on channels other than 1.
- MIDI editor: fixed checkmarks in customized menus.
- MIDI editor: respect preference to prevent single-click CC event selection when holding shift or control.
- MIDI editor: create undo point when changing CC lane (prevent undoing back to the previous lane).
- Mute: fixed UI inconsistency when undo/redo on tracks with no items.
- Peaks: fixed zoomed in peaks display of waveforms with active MIDI take.
- Pencil mode: fixed flicker when starting to draw looped MIDI items.
- Project load: fixed loading of certain third party generated RPPs broken in 3.67.
- Project load/save: better default paths.
- Save as: in copy modes, if a full project path is set, clear it (as it will not be used in the new project).
- Tooltips: added preference to show tooltips when hovering the mouse over an envelope.
- Video: improved initial CPU/RAM use on load of projects with video items.
- More item fade mouse modifier tweakage (fully back to 3.66 behavior).
- Restored default item fade modifiers.
- MIDI editor: smoother editing for swing grid handles.
- MIDI editor: snap pitch/pan CC bars to center.
- MIDI editor: don't create extra undo point when moving/copying events.
- MIDI editor: fixed advancing cursor when step recording with swing grid enabled.
- MIDI editor: fixed crash when double-clicking collapsed CC lane.
- MIDI editor: fixed paste preserving position in measure in first partial measure of a media item.
- MIDI editor: new theme color for octave grid line.
- MIDI editor: update display immediately after event list context menu action.
- MIDI editor: when a single CC event is dragged, display the actual event time/value in the lower right.
- FX: adding FX via quick-add menu floats the FX window (if the user preference is to show the FX window at all).
- FX: double click a floating FX title bar to return the FX to the chain window.
- FX: double-click empty space in the FX chain list (under the current inserted FX) to open the FX browser.
- FX: fixed potential flood of FX automation messages.
- FX: optionally show the current track FX in the FX button context menu, click to float/unfloat individual FX.
- FX: when adding an FX chain, auto-float each FX window if the preference is set.
- OSX: fixed a graphic glitch when updating track I/O window.
- OSX: fixed drawing behavior when tabbing through tracks to rename.
- OSX: fixed plug-in pin connector dialog not showing [+] button.
- OSX: fixed tiny font and odd alignment in track IO dialog, MIDI CC lanes.
- OSX: fixed too-large font on track meters.
- Video/FFmpeg: better audio seek mechanism.
- Video/FFmpeg: fixed duration on broken MPEG-1 files.
- Video/QuickTime: added sample accurate seek when using Quicktime decoder.
- Video/Windows: added EVR output for Vista+ machines (improved video display when using Aero).
- Video/Windows: fixed hang when using REAPER over RDP.
- Video: better peaks display when zoomed in on videos that use compressed audio.
- Action: scroll view vertically (MIDI CC): prevent scrolling offscreen.
- Action: split items at timeline grid affects offscreen items properly.
- Action: toggle mute for track sends or receives 1-8.
- API: export Help_Set function (show help text in the area below the track panels).
- AU: fixed occasional noise blast from plugins that can't handle anticipative processing (AUPeakLimiter).
- AU: better support for multi-output AUs (thanks, VSL).
- Cues: fixed drawing of extra cues on unlooped items that are longer than the underlying media source.
- Envelopes: pan envelope lane slider direction is consistent in trim/read vs write modes.
- External editors: when passing a region to Sound Forge, round to the nearest sample.
- Grid: fixed actions to split at grid, move cursor left/right to nearest grid position.
- Grouped items: more consistent behavior when editing grouped item edges.
- Help: when modifier keys are down, show what action is about to occur when editing items and envelope points.
- Item crossfades: shift+alt drag moves the crossfade and stretches both items.
- Marquee: shift overrides snap when selecting items and time together.
- Media explorer: options for default action (insert media, preview media, do nothing).
- Parameter modulation: smoother audio control signal modulation with very short attack/release.
- Playback: fixed play cursor positioning when starting near end of project/loop.
- Preferences: moved volume/pan fader range settings to Appearance/VU Meters and Faders.
- Preferences: preference to suppress splitting all items at the edit cursor if nothing is selected.
- Project parsing: less heap use when parsing projects (faster loading of large projects).
- ReaEQ: Cockos VST extension support for manually editing envelope points.
- Render: added minimize button to minimize REAPER during renders.
- Render: fixed rendered items sometimes being one sample too short with certain sample rate/buffer size settings.
- s/SVN/Git/: new revision IDs in about box.
- Takes: actions to rotate take lanes forward or backward for selected items.
- Takes: copy/preserve take FX when new recording splits an existing media item (obeys preference to copy take FX on split).
- Takes: internal changes to take processing.
- Theme support: background images with yellow lines (outer-areas) now properly supported for track name, vol, pan labels, etc.
- Theme support: better detection of theme changes (faster).
- Theme support: button images can now have pink lines for stretching.
- Tooltips: action to toggle on/off tooltips for media items and envelopes.
- Tooltips: multi-line tooltips for envelopes, items, item fades.
- Tooltips: multi-line tooltips for track IO, ENV, FX buttons.
- Undo/Save: safer behavior when loading media item state.
- Undo: don't create extra undo point when control+drag copying media items.
- VST: ensure "show VST folders" option is persistent.
- VST: when VST folders enabled and VST names disabled, don't show path twice in FX button right-click menu.
- Windows: fix for waveOut latency going off after many hours.
- MIDI editor: fixed possible crash or corruption when deleting MIDI text events.
- OSX: fixed default shift key mappings in MIDI editor.
- MIDI editor: action to reverse events also reverses CC, works in event list view.
- MIDI editor: actions that target a CC lane will target the top lane if no CC lane has focus.
- MIDI editor: advance edit cursor correctly after paste preserving position in measure.
- MIDI editor: better blink cursor appearance.
- MIDI editor: clicking to the left of a CC lane will set focus to that lane without deselecting notes/CC.
- MIDI editor: fixed CC events on one channel erasing events on other channels when moving CC with notes.
- MIDI editor: fixed splitting notes in looped MIDI items.
- MIDI editor: fixed step input actions when inserting X semitones below the current note.
- MIDI editor: immediately refresh event list when correcting overlapping notes/CC.
- MIDI editor: option to disable single-click selecting CC events.
- MIDI editor: paste preserving position in measure will not paste duplicates.
- MIDI editor: quantize, humanize, event properties, and filter windows stay on top of the editor.
- MIDI editor: swing grid support.
- MIDI editor: swing grid strength is set/edited by dragging handles on the upbeat grid lines.
- MIDI editor: text box for manual entry of swing strength.
- MIDI editor: when correcting overlapping notes, also correct CC events at the same time/channel.
- MIDI editor: when correcting overlapping notes/CC, always preserve the selected note/CC.
- MIDI quantize: actions to quantize note position, or position and end, to grid.
- MIDI quantize: added actions and options to quantize notes only, or all events.
- MIDI quantize: added bypass checkbox to quantize dialog.
- MIDI quantize: checkbox to fix overlaps on commit.
- MIDI quantize: notes will move with grid changes if quantize dialog is open when changing grid or swing.
- MIDI quantize: overhauled quantize dialog.
- MIDI quantize: when quantize grid is set to editor grid, quantize swing setting is linked to editor swing.
- MIDI: fixed MIDI notes sometimes not being played when coinciding exactly with a time signature change.
- Custom colors: action to reset random color generator (also resets default.palette if it exists).
- Custom colors: if default.reapalette file exists, use those colors instead of random colors.
- Custom colors: default.reapalette (resource dir): text file of R G B values, one color per line.
- Custom colors: organized default custom color menu entries.
- Custom colors: preference for media item background tint strength, for selected/unselected media items.
- Custom colors: preference to automatically color any recording pass that adds takes to existing items.
- Custom colors: support for setting all takes created in the same recording pass to a custom color.
- Custom colors: support for setting custom colors per-take.
- API: allow extensions and ReaScript to get/set take custom colors, recording pass ID.
- Automation: higher recording speed for FX parameter automation.
- Automation: refresh track volume/pan sliders when deleting a track envelope in read/write modes.
- Color theme: added themeable colored bars to optionally display on selected items, active takes.
- Color theme: added themeable colors for MIDI note/CC text colors (light and dark).
- Custom menu editor: action list automatically switches to the correct section when changing menus.
- Envelopes: drawing optimizations when zoomed out.
- External sync: option to only use external sync on playback or recording, or both.
- Master VU: fixed inaccurate RMS meter calculation with some window/audio buffer sizes.
- Media items: draw media source end notch slightly differently for unlooped items.
- Nudge/set: checkbox to preserve relative item positioning in set mode.
- OSX: better text field coloring.
- OSX: fixed 2GB+ file peakfile generation/reading.
- OSX: fixed a few graphical glitches relating to docked windows.
- OSX: selecting default system devices now allows differing input/outputs.
- Preferences: new tab for path settings (default render path, default recording path, alternate peak cache path).
- ReaControlMIDI: fixed reading .ins files that contain trailing blank lines.
- ReaGate: checkbox to invert gate output (when loud, duck wet signal vs dry).
- Recording: organized options for behavior when recording over existing items.
- Recording: recording over existing items can split the old items and add takes, create new items, or trim existing items.
- Recording: ensure that loop recording creates correct length files when "add new files on loop" enabled.
- Recording: fix for loop recording sometimes being slightly off the loop edges.
- Recording: new preference to discard incomplete first/last takes if at least one full loop was recorded.
- Scrollbars: improved zoom button sizing.
- Takes: action to activate take under mouse, mapped to "Y" by default (for "yes").
- Takes: media item drawing optimizations.
- Takes: media items can be locked to the active take (to prevent mouse clicks from switching takes).
- Takes: preference to link or unlink all takes when editing start offset (slip editing).
- Toolbar: refresh custom toolbars after linking/unlinking loop points and time selection via preferences.
- Tracks: "Options/Show overlapping items in lanes" creates as many lanes as necessary.
- Tracks: when showing items in lanes, items whose audio will mask other items are drawn in a higher lane.
- Tracks: automatically remove tracks created by accidentally moving an item down too far.
- Tracks: added preference to remove or retain tracks created by moving an item below the last track and back.
- Transport menu: fixed checkmarks on submenu items (such as external sync, etc).
- Video: preliminary support for flip/rotate of video (video source properties).
- VST: inform plugins if transport repeat is enabled.
- Windows: better audio device closing behavior when minimizing REAPER and stopped.
- Action window: better behavior after adding actions to custom menus (close or restore the action window properly).
- Actions: run LICEcap.
- Actions: set item mix behavior to project default.
- Actions: move or copy items to time selection, trim/stretch/loop/duplicate to fit.
- Actions: move position, edges, contents, duplicate of selected item (or item under mouse) to edit cursor.
- Actions: select all locked tracks.
- Actions: set track record path to primary, secondary, primary+secondary.
- Actions: show record path/secondary record path in explorer/finder.
- API: added MIDIEditor_GetTake, to get the MIDI take that is being edited in the active MIDI editor.
- API: added SetCurrentBPM function.
- Automation: fixed recording of send automation via mixer (broken since 3.3).
- Automation: preference to reset write mode to another automation mode after one recording pass.
- Envelope panel: remove mouseover highlight when mouse leaves window.
- Envelopes: fixed action to move envelope points left/right by grid size.
- Envelopes: lane trim fader and add-4-points actions create points 0.5 ms apart.
- Envelopes: remember envelope armed state when unbypassing.
- Envelopes: when recording automation in loop, keep the exact recorded values at loop start and end.
- External sync: optional flashing window to warn when recording and waiting for timecode.
- FX: when docking/undocking fx chain, hide/show plug-in config window (some plug-ins don't like being moved).
- Help: changed "Help: keyboard shortcuts" to "Help: Mouse key modifiers and action shortcuts".
- Help: added MIDI editor mouse modifier behaviors to output of Help/Mouse modifier keys.
- Item notes/project notes: fixed Unicode character support.
- JS: added ts_num, ts_denom variables (time signature numerator and denominator).
- JS: fixed x64 issue when used with third party plug-ins compiled with buggy MS CRT (fmod() needs fclex, etc).
- Main menu: audio status now can optionally show record path, can disable showing of device info/record format.
- Master track: deselect all other tracks when clicking master track TCP.
- Media explorer: don't process REAPER hotkeys when renaming items (Windows).
- Media explorer: replace media source for selected items, optionally stretched/looped to fit.
- Menus/Actions: cleanup of many action descriptions ("selected tracks" becomes "tracks", same for items, etc).
- MIDI devices: added a button to reset all MIDI devices, in Prefs/Audio/MIDI Devices.
- MIDI editor: actions to insert note or advance cursor by various note lengths.
- MIDI editor: actions to move edit cursor by measures.
- MIDI editor: actions to zoom view to selected notes/CC, or to project loop selection (double-click piano roll ruler).
- MIDI editor: don't fix overlapping or duplicate notes until after quantize/humanize is done.
- MIDI editor: don't shift+select notes that are adjacent to the current selection (they must overlap).
- MIDI editor: double-clicking existing text/sysex events always edits the event (rather than creating a new one).
- MIDI editor: dropdown setting for length to use when inserting notes (can be set when drawing/selecting a note).
- MIDI editor: fixed flicker when using humanize.
- MIDI editor: fixed snap to grid in looped items where the loop length itself is not on the grid.
- MIDI editor: fixed snap to grid when project time signature is not x/4.
- MIDI editor: fixed some note/CC editing actions not refreshing event list view.
- MIDI editor: fixed changing channel filter not refreshing event list view.
- MIDI editor: inserting/extending/pasting past the end of a looped MIDI item will extend the loop in source beats mode.
- MIDI editor: inserting/extending/pasting past the end of an unlooped MIDI item will extend the item.
- MIDI editor: MIDI preview scrub (middle mouse button in ruler, or click+drag the edit cursor handle).
- MIDI editor: mute actions affect all selected notes and CC.
- MIDI Editor: option to disable automatic correction of overlapping notes.
- MIDI editor: option to only move edit cursor when clicking ruler or CC lane dividers, not note/CC area.
- MIDI editor: removed piano roll-specific actions from the event list view action list.
- MIDI export: adjust embedded tempo map properly when exporting time selection rather than entire project.
- MIDI items: fixed bug when splitting unlooped MIDI item across tempo changes.
- Mixer meters: better justification of peak value text when it is larger than the width of the meter.
- MPx decoder: fixed multiple simultaneous decodes of MP2.
- MPx decoder: file parsing optimizations/cleanup.
- Nudge: added right edge option (to nudge or set item right edge without trimming item length).
- OSX: added a button to open system Audio MIDI Setup utility, in Prefs/Audio/Device.
- OSX: better Core Audio multidevice support (though it is still better to use aggregate devices).
- OSX: changed audio device configuration storage, existing users will need to re-select their audio device(s) (REAPER will prompt on startup).
- OSX: fixed MIDI editor refresh of CC lane boxes.
- OSX: improved Prefs/Audio/Device, now strongly encourages user to use a single device (and create Aggregate devices as needed).
- OSX: more window compositing fixes.
- OSX: support for automatically building output routing for multi-output AUs.
- OSX: fixed color picker rounding bug.
- OSX: color picker and font picker now have proper ok/cancel buttons.
- OSX: fixed REX on PPC, improved REX loading code.
- Per-take envelopes: action to insert 4 envelope points at time selection respects take play rate.
- Play cursor: better positioning at start of playback.
- Play cursor: better positioning with short loops.
- Play/loopskip: fixed problems with very small time selections, improved accuracy, fixed issues with PDC.
- Project: default item mix behavior is properly saved with default project.
- ReaControlMIDI: fixed UI loading when bridging enabled.
- ReaEQ: preserve existing wet/dry and bypass automation when resetting bands to default.
- Scrollbars: fixed vertical scrollbar theme change update issue.
- Splash screen: more useful startup status display.
- Toolbars: remove mouseover highlight when mouse leaves window.
- Tracks: actions to increase/decrease selected track height (shift+control+mousewheel by default).
- Tracks: actions to minimize/maximize track heights will toggle back to the exact previous track heights.
- Tracks: don't allow a hidden track to become a folder track.
- Tracks: mute/solo modes (clear, exclusive, grouped, etc) now will not affect tracks that are not visible in the same context as the click.
- Tracks: track controls can be locked.
- Tracks: themeable color/alpha for locked track control panel.
- Undo system: increased default RAM limit to 256MB.
- WAV: basic support for MP2-WAV.
- Windows: add project to Windows recent file list properly when creating subdirectory.
- Windows: fixed unicode issues for launching files after render, etc.
- Windows: option to use Windows Explorer (default) or generic listview for Media Explorer.
- Windows: changed installer requested privilege level to admin.
15 May 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.402
18 Apr 2013 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.33
26 Nov 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.31
15 Nov 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.30
17 Jul 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.25
10 Apr 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.22
26 Mar 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.21
21 Mar 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.20
30 Jan 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.151
18 Jan 2012 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.15
07 Oct 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.10
26 Aug 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v4.02
09 Aug 2011 Cockos releases REAPER 4 (4.0.1)
25 Jul 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.77
28 Apr 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.76
31 Jan 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.75
05 Jan 2011 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.74
18 Nov 2010 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.73
20 Oct 2010 Cockos updates REAPER to v3.72