5th December 2007
Cockos has updated its ReaPlugs VST FX Suite to v1.1. The collection now includes a multiband compressor, ReaXcomp, and an unlimited multitap delay, ReaDelay.
The other plugs were also updated with this release (including most of them being quite a bit faster, ReaEQ showing better previews of the filters with optional phase view, and more).
ReaPlugs VST FX Suite
- Ultra-configurable compressor.
- Soft knee support.
- Sidechain filters, sidechain inputs.
- Feedback compression mode.
- Program dependent auto-release mode.
- Variable RMS size.
- Oversampling antialias modes (with optional limiting).
- Optional make-up gain.
- Optional lookahead.
- Wet/dry mix.
- Low CPU use.
- Useful metering.
- Unlimited band compressor.
- Great metering per band.
- Fantastic sounding filters.
- Solo current band mode.
- Tons of controls per band (ratio, threshold, knee, attack, release, makeup, program dependent release, feedback detector, RMS size)
- Adjusting bands in graph is easy (modifiers to change ratio, gain, etc).
- Multi-tap delay, no practical limit on tap count.
- Up to 10 second delay per tap.
- Tap lengths can be in time (s/ms) or quarter notes.
- Feedback, LPF/HPF, resolution reduction per tap.
- Stereo width per tap.
- Volume/pan per tap.
- Unlimited band IIR based equalizer.
- Support for any number of many types of filters (shelfs, bands, LPF, HPF, notch, bandpass, allpass).
- Frequency response and phase response display.
- Display of approximate note+octave for frequencies.
- Per-band bypass control.
- Full-view of graph optional for precise editing.
- Mouse modifiers/mousewheel usable for editing bandwidth of points in graph.
- FFT based dynamics processor (requires host plug-in delay compensation).
- Supports FFT sizes of 128-32768.
- Useful in/out frequency response display.
- Supports defining response curves both using any number of points, or freehand mouse.
- EQ - can be used as a linear phase mastering EQ, or as a super-effective surgical EQ.
- Compressor - can compress at a fixed ratio with a per-band threshold.
- Gate - can gate with per-band threshold.
- Subtract - can build noise profiles and subtract noise from the signal.
- Ultra-configurable gate.
- Sidechain filters, sidechain input.
- Lookahead for pre-open.
- Hold control.
- Hysteresis control.
- Variable RMS size.
- Can send MIDI events on gate open/close.
- Wet/dry mix, noise mix (can add noise when gate is open).
- Supports streaming from host to host of audio and/or MIDI over a LAN segment.
- Supports streaming from different host software on each end.
- Supports UDP broadcast for streaming one to many (if local network can keep up).
General features of ReaPlugs:
- Support for Windows 98/ME/2K/XP/Vista, WINE.
- Fast, usable UIs with good metering.
- Low CPU and RAM use.
- Highly configurable.
- No copy protection.
- No installation required.
- Freely usable.