Cognitone has updated Synfire, the Music Prototyping Studio, to version 1.7.6. Both Pro and Express editions have been updated. The most important new feature is Drag & Drop Export, directly to a DAW.
- Drag & Drop export of containers, instruments (press space once while you drag).
- Playing Ranges Editor: Option to learn pitch range from MIDI input.
- Ability to set a latency for individual sounds (e.g. slow strings).
- Save global rack automatically after changes (optional).
- Added remote control support for all transport keys.
- Allow root container to be dragged and dropped.
- Option to group large plug-in menus by manufacturers.
- Engine: Added support for DP8, Tracktion, Nuendo.
- Playing Ranges Editor bug fixes.
- (Windows) Use Engine for MIDI Input did not always work.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a MIDI port to disappear.
- (OS X) Fixed an issue with multiple monitors.
- Engine: Ensure 16 audio outputs available for all Drone formats.
- Sound Browser bug fixes.
- Graphics fixes.
- MIDI output fixes.
A fully detailed list of all changes is available here.