21st December 2009
Cycling '74 has updated Max (Max/MSP/Jitter) and the Max Runtime to v5.1.1.
Bug Fixes and New Features:
- Saving an abstraction after editing it via the "Modify Read Only" command no longer closes the window.
- Saving a poly~ subpatcher after using "Modify Read Only" command no longer saves instance number in the patcher's title attribute.
- translate no longer outputs initial incorrect tempo information on device creation.
- live.dial has its tribordercolor attribute as live.slider and live.gain~.
- textbutton restores properly the value from pattrstorage.
- pattrstorage: Fix for 'writexml' forcing a JSON extension if the file to write isn't found.
- Stopping and starting preview in the editor no longer causes clocks to fire multiple times on starting preview.
- textedit: increase output list length to 2048.
- umenu: fix for disappearing text.
- Duplicate command now works while typing in a box.
- Internet activation fixed for windows 64 bit operating system versions.
- Max for Live now works when old Max DLL's happen to be in the windows system directory.
- Undo after save no longer shows patcher as clean when it should be dirty.
- Copy of subpatcher no longer cleans parent when subpatcher is dirty.
- poly~ no longer crash when receiving allnotesoff message when there's no patcher loaded.
- (Mac only) ctrl+click on UI objects now sends mousedown message again.
- tapout~ no longer corrupts memory if incoming list is longer than number of args to tapout~.
- timepoint and metro autostarttime can now be set to 0 if previously at non-zero values.
- (Windows) double clicking on file with extended unicode characters now opens properly.
- (Windows) dialog shown on closing dirty patcher now supports unicode characters properly.
- Properly saving object palette size when you quit max without making a patcher.
- Sending open -> adc~ twice from inside a standalone (where DSP Status.maxpat is in the collective) now only opens one copy of the DSP Status window.
- live.param~ output is now accurate when used within a clip envelope.
- Default glreadback mode on Snow Leopard is again RTT to avoid slow performance on Intel graphics cards and problems with jit.gl.slab @colormode uyvy. fullscreen windowing problem addressed in jit.window changes.
- jit.window fix for slow fullscreen mode on Snow Leopard.
- Fixed parallel poly~ for runtime version.
- Fix for jit.pwindow opengl contexts in the live plugin window.
- Core MIDI driver now compatible with devices that send more than one MIDI message per packet.
- pictctrl: dialmode uses endless mousing.
NOTE: Max 5.1.1 requires Live 8.1.1 beta 3 or greater for correct functionality of MFL content files.
11 Apr 2013 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.1.2
12 Nov 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.8
13 Sep 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.7
11 May 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.5
16 Feb 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.4
18 Jan 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.3
25 Nov 2011 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.1
07 Nov 2011 Cycling '74 releases Max 6 and the Gen Add-on
26 Aug 2011 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.9
30 Mar 2011 Cycling updates Max and Max for Live
08 Dec 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.7
23 Nov 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.6
06 Oct 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.5
22 Jan 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max/MSP/Jitter to v5.1.2
11 Jun 2011 A visit backstage at the Beatles LOVE Show
30 Mar 2011 Ableton updates Live to v8.2.2
08 Aug 2010 Puremagnetik releases Max Fuel, The First
24 Nov 2009 Ableton releases Max For Live