3rd March 2009
Cycling '74 has updated Max/MSP to v5.0.6.
Bug Fixes and New Features in v5.0.6:
- Fixed excessive memory allocation when zooming in very far.
- Filebrowser: new 'description' column displays description metadata about objects in the search path.
- Filebrowser: fixed bug where files that have been deleted from the searchpath still show in the filebrowser.
- Pattrhub: fixed parent resolution bug introduced in 5.0.5.
- Delay~: fixed problem with setting delay time in samples -- accuracy was messed up and value was corrupted by sample rate changes.
- Sysexout doesn't appear in the autocompletion anymore, because it doesn't exist.
- Curve~ now restarts properly after a stop message.
- Displaying contextual menu on a bogus poly~ doesn't crash anymore.
- Dial: minimum number of steps set to 2.
- Out~: fixed crash when loading patcher into a poly~ without outlets.
- Poly~: fixed error messages when loading a patcher containing omx.4band~ or tapin~ / tapout~ via the patchername attribute.
- Groove~ doesn't crash when double clicking on the object when it's not attached to a valid buffer~.
- Delay~: delay time conversion via ITM or initial argument uses rounding rather than truncation.
- Fix for crash with the combination of quickref menu, jit.gl.*, and frozen attributes.
- Args attribute now visible (only takes effect with each patcher load). made parallel message an attribute. removed redundancies of messages and attributes for steal, voices, and vs.
- Fix for stack overflows with large chains of message boxes.
- Seq: hook message accepts floats again.
- Sfrecord~ can use 2 symbols as arguments as documented.
- Fseventwatcher: fix for some reported crashes.
- Poly~: improved safeties and error message for nested, parallel enabled poly~ objects.
- Buffer~: writewave automatically select the sound file type.
- Fix for wclose message with no open views.
- Fix for crash in certain VST plugs (when vst_refresh is on call stack from non-main thread).
- Textbutton now has an active attribute.
- Zigzag~ no longer crashes when receiving bad looppoints.
- Signal probe: fixed crashes.
- Mxj: isPatcher() is now compatible with Max 5.
- Umenu: prev and next message a la tab object.
- Timepoint: changing time to < current time no longer makes timepoint fire immediately.
- Translate: input to notevalues output is rounded to the nearest int when calculating the ticks, eliminates errors when converting ms to notevalues.
- Augraph: audio is now stopped before loading a sound bank to avoid crashes.
- Minmax~ works properly with vector size of 1 sample.
- Line: removed useless dump outlet.
- Multiple instances of different standalone applications can now be launched.
- Sleep interval no longer shown in preferences window (or saved), since it didn't do anything.
- Preferences window label for Refresh Interval (ms) changed to Refresh Rate (Hz) to match documentation (and what it actually does).
- JSON parser now understands json character escapes of form \uxxxx (where x is one hex digit) and this can be a convenient way of inserting a special character into a patcher.
- VST~: reports changes in host edit window (for plug-ins without editors) out fourth outlet.
- Lookup~: fixed for negative input values.
- Lookup~: fixed for negative input values.
- Windows max now supports network paths such as \\sharename\folder\foo.txt.
- Windows: runtime and standalones now work when launched from a network share.
- Improved speed of saving patchers that have a lot of subpatchers.
- Cascade~ doesn't go crazy when it does not receive signal.
- Open Recent item moves to the top of the menu after it is chosen.
- Svf~ is now denormal proof.
- Filebrowser: fix for silent audio playback in the preview pane.
- Fix for crash that could happen after encapsulating a buffer~ object.
- Coll: when embedding data in a patcher, data is now saved in a modern, easy-to-edit format that preserves backslashed semicolons, dollar-args, etc.
- Coll: #N is no longer converted to $N when opening an editing window.
- Coll: #N rather than $N arguments are now replaced in a subpatcher, which is more consistent with other uses of #N.
- Function outputs up to 128 pairs for line~.
- Fixed crashes happening due to assertions being enabled in release version.
- Tab output integers when the tab elements are integers.
- Mxj: embedMessage() can now store up to 4094 Atoms.
- Creating a message box from the quickref menu for messages with more than one argument adds $1 $2 etc. to the message box.
- Improved accuracy of quantized timing with external clocksources.
- Ad_coreaudio: when switching input devices, the device is properly updated with the io vector size.
- rslider works smoothly with range of 1 in floating point mode.
- Fix for some memory leaks that could happen when patching.
- Fix for crashes after removing objects from presentation view via the inspector when the patcher is in presentation mode.
- MaxAPI.framework: updated to expose header files more recently added to the Max 5 SDK.
- Dragging a patch cord segment that is over another object no longer jumps segment position at times.
- Patch cord align no longer hangs if source object is on top of destination object.
- If patcher is too complex for automatic patch cord align will now give up and do a simple align instead of trying too hard to find a good path.
- Closing extra views of a subpatcher now really frees those views instead of just hiding them.
- File browser: fixed crash dragging a file whose kind is shown as a "file" onto any box in a patcher.
- Fixed hang when using signal probe and creating a new patch cord.
- when time value is changed from bbu to non-bbu (raw ticks), it is now unaffected by time signature recalculations when seeking -- this fixes bug where changing a time point from a bbu value to a ticks value retained the old bbu value after a change to the transport time.
- Timepoints and other permanent events do not fire after transport has been turned off.
- Zl displays an error when the arguments are incorrect.
- Combine now accepts also lists as input.
- Fix for msp object scheduler corruption problems with overdrive off.
- (Windows only) fix for substantial memory leak when painting text based objects with native text rendering on.
- Metro: autostarttime is now automatically set to transport via @transport attribute.
- Metro: fixed crashes when using autostarttime together with transport attribute.
- Fix for crash after bad attempt at scripting connections.
- Fix for crash after deleting inlet or outlet objects in an abstraction in response to loadbang.
- Spectroscope~: orientation attribute displayed properly in the inspector.
- Function works properly with any box size.
- Filebrowser: a drag into a patcher, when initiated from a folder listing and the folder is in the search path, passes just the name of the file rather than the complete path.
- New message to max: 'db.dump' will dump the contents of Max's database to JSON files for debugging or examination.
- jit.plot: byte order fix for little endian machines.
- Number~ now has a second background color to change pict background.
- Fix for crash when using poly~ with patchers that don't contain the same number of inlets as one another.
- (Windows) font names such as "Arial Italic Bold" now work on windows (as such font names often come from mac).
- jit.gl.text2d:fix for crashes when resizing font cache.
- jit.spill:support for listlength up to 16384.
- Meter~: improved responsiveness.
- Sprintf can display % by using the standard %% syntax.
- File browser: metadata for an item in the file browser may be edited.
- Suckah: added @boundmode, constrains output to coordinates within the object box's rect.
- New message to max: sortpatcherdictonsave - sending this message to max with an argument of 1 will tell max to sort the patcher dictionary before saving.
- Waveform~: cropping is more precise.
- jit.expr: fixed crashes with malformed expressions.
- Tri~: fixed crash when modulating high frequencies.
- Choosing the Preferences item on the Mac no longer crashes if menus defined by the menubar object are in use.
- The ESC key will now move the focus from the currently focused object in a locked patcher to the patcher -- useful, for example, so key objects can then report numbers typed.
- Thispatcher now supports select message which will cause patcher to grab keyboard focus away from another object (i.e. number) if said patcher is active.
- Dial: outline color can have its own alpha.
- Added "Route Patch Cords" command (which does automated routing) and changed "Align" on patch cords to make simple segmented cords.
- Fixed issues with ReWire sync and events triggering at time 0.
- Fixed problem where seeking while using the translate object would cause negative bbu to ticks conversion output.
- Fix for inconsistent outermost patcherargs triggering before innermost in a patcher hierarchy.
- jit.qt.movie: Fix for @loop 3 audio playback bug.
- Vexpr now accepts list of up to 4096 items.
- Pattrstorage: eliminated application hang when opening windows when there are many client objects.
- Mxj: MaxSystem.isRuntime() reports if the class runs inside the MaxMSP Runtime.
- Signal probe now works when line is over part of a box.
- Makenote now accepts a third argument to specify the channel.
- Round~: nearest is now an attribute.
- Round now has a nearest attribute and can also round to any step.
- Fixed problem where opening a patch via the finder didn't turn audio on for the opened patch.
- Filebrowser: the filebrowser and autocompletion now list the % and %~ objects.
- Fixed enablement of "color..." menu item on box context popup menu.
- Mxj: fixed crashed with newDefault().
- Instantiating a juibogus doesn't crash anymore.
- Text editors (i.e. text editors, textedit object, etc) now convert carriage return to line feed so line endings are always consistent in order to avoid problems with text object.
- Waveform~: multichannel portion of the helppatcher now links the control modes of the waveform~ objects.
- Textedit: improved text positioning.
- Opening a help file a second time will bring previously opened instance to the front.
- Dropping files on the max window takes an appropriate action (opens patchers, installs externals, etc).
- Umenu accepts floats (and automatically converts them to ints).
- (Windows) date object now reports local time instead of gmc time.
- Buffer~:fix for import message with 24bit AIFF and WAVE files.
- Patcherargs: args passed to poly~ are now available to its patcher using patcherargs.
- Waveform~: line followed by a negative number hides the vertical line.
- Maxversion() max API function now properly sets bit 0x4000 when inside a standalone.
- Dial: improved vertical dragging with small ranges (integer mode).
- Improved debug window resizing.
- Pictslider: notify pattr on mousedown.
- Cellblock: Fix restoration of column widths on patcher open.
- Slider and dial can have a minimum range of 1. in floating mode.
- Select message to textedit, number, etc, now works in runtime and standalones.
- Kslider: fixed velocity output when dragging across keyboard in monophonic mode.
- Pattrstorage: 'insert' and 'remove' no longer result in missing entries in the storagewindow.
- Windows: save / don't save / cancel dialog can now be navigated via keyboard.
- Pictslider: fixed "jump to position" mouse tracking.
- Fixed issues with timepoint firing and time signature changes.
- Items dropped into a patcher (i.e. from File Browser or from inspector) while the patcher is scrolled now are created in the correct place.
- Zl: plugged memory leak in zl filter mode.
- Front -> thispatcher on a notitle window that has its y position at 0 no longers moves the window down 20 pixels or so.
- Windows: key shortcuts now work when created via menubar (i.e. ctrl+G in menubar.maxhelp).
- Onepole~ now accepts integer cutoff frequency as argument.
- Zl: mode stream unrolls lists.
- Seconds are a valid unit for translate object conversion purposes only.
- Cellblock: initialization routine changed to improve stability of row adds and deletes.
- Colons are now stripped from scripting names, as this character is reserved and cannot be used.
- VST~: subfolders of the vst plug-ins folder are no longer automatically added to Max's database when the folder is automatically added to the searchpath.
- Fix for jit.gl.text2d memory leak.
- Fix for jit.gl.text3d memory leak.
- Fixed problem where Tahoma could not be selected using the Mac Font Panel.
- Fixed a Font Panel problem that would lead to the text color of a selected object being set to a random color.
- Windows: keyboard accelerators now work when windows without menus are topmost (such as the clue window or a jit.window window).
- Windows: fix for jit.openexr (and possibly others) when building a standalone -- now maxcrt_p.dll is copied to the standalone's application folder automatically.
- Eliminated 128 x 128 minimum window size on Mac when resizing a window by hand.
- Udpsend: fixed memory leak when changing the host or port.
- Fix for crash when right clicking on a poly~ object who's patcher wasn't found.
- Movie: fixed behavior of time message with no arguments.
- Mxj net.*: fixed crash when changing the host or port ceaselessly.
- jit.buffer~:fix for crashes when visualizing soundfiles.
- Mxj buf.Op: normalize doesn't invert the phase anymore.
- Radiogroup: doesn't produce harmless warning when saving a preset.
- Poly~: fix for parallel attribute argument not taking effect.
- Fpic: now includes its image file in a collective automatically.
- Hint: fixed positioning on second monitors.
11 Apr 2013 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.1.2
12 Nov 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.8
13 Sep 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.7
11 May 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.5
16 Feb 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.4
18 Jan 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.3
25 Nov 2011 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.1
07 Nov 2011 Cycling '74 releases Max 6 and the Gen Add-on
26 Aug 2011 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.9
30 Mar 2011 Cycling updates Max and Max for Live
08 Dec 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.7
23 Nov 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.6
06 Oct 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.5
22 Jan 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max/MSP/Jitter to v5.1.2
11 Jun 2011 A visit backstage at the Beatles LOVE Show
30 Mar 2011 Ableton updates Live to v8.2.2
08 Aug 2010 Puremagnetik releases Max Fuel, The First
24 Nov 2009 Ableton releases Max For Live