15th April 2009
Cycling '74 has updated Max/MSP to v5.0.7. The free runtime has also been updated.
- Textbutton: blinktime attribute allows you to change the blinking time in button mode.
- Improved max application performance during and shortly after launching the application, and reduced the time required to start Max.
- Jit.qt.movie: fix for off-by-one error when getting and setting loop points.
- Anything based on linklist_sort() is much faster for lists with lots of elements.
- Windows: adding a folder with lots (i.e. 1000) of files to the search path is much faster.
- Filebrowser: information about internal objects and patchers saved in ref pages now properly displays in the file browser preview pane.
- Strippath:fix for stripping folder names with trailing path separator characters.
- VST~:compatibility with latest waveshell: new subname message, new printids message, new ability to specify a subname as a second argument to the plug message.
- Fixed crash loading patcher file that has a UI object name as the text of a newobj.
- Fixed "Align Connections" problem where objects keep moving to the right when multiple connections exist between the same two selected objects.
- Pattrstorage: fix for exp/pow interpolation mode.
- Pattrstorage: unnamed slots output '<(unnamed)>' in response to the 'getslotname' message, as documented.
- Meter~: display will now go to zero when disconnected from audio input.
- Rewire~: no longer crashes when receiving a midi message while another ReWire mixer application was initially running.
- Pipe: fixed clock message.
- Delay~: maxsize now works even when the object does not have arguments.
- Thispatcher: script new to thispatcher when creating a hidden object can now set the scripting name properly.
- Key / keyup: control keys now report appropriate ascii values out first outlet.
- Key / keyup on windows: fourth outlet is now consistent with mac: a-z keys are reported with lowercase ascii values.
- Makenote: unpacked list of four ints now sets channel number properly.
- OMX objects now work at any signal vector size between 1 and 2048.
- LCD: sprite content now included in PNG files created with writepict message.
- Fix for drawpict message to lcd not drawing in some situations.
- Fixed crash dragging a patcher from the filebrowser over a bpatcher object in a locked patcher.
- Fixes for udp.send limitations and udp.send/recv crashes.
- Poke~: no longer offset when the channel is improperly set.
- New objects now trigger DSP chain rebuild after doing something bad with poly~ (setting its patcher name to something that is not a patcher).
- Creating new MSP objects now reliably restarts audio.
- Cellbock: Updated to provide a new 'refresh message' (to avoid the repeated use of the 'refer' message), and to allow a '0' refresh interval for matrix and coll references.
- Jit.expr: fix for non symbol expressions-e.g. float or integer only.
- Mxj list.Mth: now instantiates properly.
11 Apr 2013 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.1.2
12 Nov 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.8
13 Sep 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.7
11 May 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.5
16 Feb 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.4
18 Jan 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.3
25 Nov 2011 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.1
07 Nov 2011 Cycling '74 releases Max 6 and the Gen Add-on
26 Aug 2011 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.9
30 Mar 2011 Cycling updates Max and Max for Live
08 Dec 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.7
23 Nov 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.6
06 Oct 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.5
22 Jan 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max/MSP/Jitter to v5.1.2
11 Jun 2011 A visit backstage at the Beatles LOVE Show
30 Mar 2011 Ableton updates Live to v8.2.2
08 Aug 2010 Puremagnetik releases Max Fuel, The First
24 Nov 2009 Ableton releases Max For Live