16th September 2009
Cycling '74 has updated Max/MSP to v5.0.8.
Bug Fixes and New Features:
- Extensions that are the same file type as the default type (such as .maxhelp) can be chosen via a pop-up menu.
- inlet and outlet objects no longer cause crashes upon viewing assistance if the "comment" attribute contains more than 512 characters.
- zl: fix for list truncation when the list begins with a symbol and the list is the same size as the maximum limit for list length.
- filebrowser: the preview pane now correctly displays the full path of all files when there are multiples of the same file in the searchpath.
- filebrowser: the reveal-in-finder button no correctly locates all files when there are multiples of the same file in the searchpath.
- round: fix for bug when receiving list input where round would modify its input directly in memory before outputting the new values.
- Improved updating when monitors are added or deleted.
- Annotation attributes are disabled for objects that ignore clicks.
- pattrstorage: fixed memory access bug during 'renumber' and 'remove'.
- bpatchers as well as objects in bpatchers now support annotations.
- DLS Synth: now compatible with Snow Leopard.
- filewatcher: fixed crashes on the Mac caused by dramatic changes to the searchpath while Max is running.
- +=~: now has a second inlet to be reset in a sample accurate way.
- bucket: freeze/thaw works properly when the include argument is set.
- Option-titlebar click menu on abstraction disabled for runtime builds.
- Dirty subpatchers inside an abstraction that has been edited via Modify Read Only can now be closed without prompting for save.
- jit.cellblock no longer crash when displaying big symbols.
- multislider: fixed display of vertical sliders in signed mode where the display of zero values appeared to look like non-zero values.
- matrixctrl: clickvalue attribute is displayed in italic, you can freeze it to restore its value.
- spectroscope~: when in spectrogram mode, the frequency and amplitude of the current mouse position is sent out via an outlet.
- detonate: fix for incorrect note durations of imported MIDI files.
- colorpicker has a compatibility attribute to deal with RGB or RGBA values.
- zmap accepts lists now.
- scale accepts lists now.
- umenu has now an insert message.
- filebrowser: fix for crash when attempting to update a previously saved search (problem introduced in Max 5.0.7).
- count~: now supports an optional signal input to turn counting on and off with sample accuracy.
- tab: now responds to object-defaults.
- textbutton: now responds to object-defaults.
- meter~: now responds to object-defaults.
- scope~: now responds to object-defaults.
- jit.qball supports list of more than 256 items.
- spectrogram~: now responds to object-defaults.
- waveform~: now responds to object-defaults.
- zplane~: responds to object-defaults.
- New improved tab display in the Object Defaults window.
- table: no longer loose its name when reading a preset from disk.
- vst~: fixed errors when trying to read a vst preset file specified with a complete path.
- api: calls to saveasdialog_extended() with 0 types no longer crashes.
- Drawing of the patcher grid is now more accurate when zooming the patch.
- matrixctrl with 1 row and 1 column now initializes properly.
- number and flonum now output value and end edit if window is deactivated before entering typed entry.
- vst~: fixed intermittent problems with dropped MIDI events, such as noteoff messages, particularly when under heavy cpu load.
- Added exportimage message to max with syntax ";max exportimage patchername [pathname] [dpi] [x y width height]" where params in brackets are optional, patchername is a name previously used for the openfile message to max to open a patcherr, dpi is the resolution of the resulting image, and x,y,width,height specify the portion of the patcher to export.
- function now has zoom_x and zoom_y attributes.
- itable now has a legend attribute.
- Editing a patcher owned by a poly~ via MRO now triggers an audio recompile.
- ubutton: color attributes work with the object-defaults system.
- radiogroup: color attributes work with the object-defaults system.
- nslider: color attributes work with the object-defaults system.
- multislider: color attributes work with the object-defaults system.
- kslider: color attributes work with the object-defaults system.
- led: color attributes work with the object-defaults system.
- jit.fpsgui: color attributes work with the object-defaults system.
- function: color attributes work with the object-defaults system.
- incdec: colors definable as attributes, works with object-defaults.
- waveform~: can now select the all buffer with the mouse.
- filebrowser: the clue window now shows the item name and its location for the item over which the mouse is hovering.
- waveform~: undo message causes changed values to be sent from the object's outlets as in Max 4.
- coll: can now read text files that have been assigned a filetype.
- function: fixed obscure crashes in extreme situations.
- File extensions are now forced on the Mac in save as dialogs.
- pattrstorage: changing the boxname updates the name attribute of the pattrstorage/window titles.
- pattrstorage: changing the name updates the title bars of the client and storage windows.
- Fixed problem where memory was not being freed when clearing the max window.
- lookup~: fixed crash when a buffer~ becomes multi-channel.
- fpic and comment are copied in a standalone to show default about box.
- rslider can be duplicated properly with a range of 1 in floating point mode.
- makenote has a new repeatmode attribute to deal with note repetition.
- swatch restores the colors with the correct saturation.
- textbutton: draws correct state after being clicked when connected to opendialog.
- poly~ accepts @target as typed attribute of the box.
- funnel is no longer confused by offset changes.
- jit.freeframe: fix for endian issues on Intel Mac.
- groove~ respects jumping at a position after changing the loop point (as in Max 4.x).
- regexp: fix for @tosymbol output -- it was not always a symbol.
- rslider: command key move the range selection.
- rslider: option key + vertical drag increase/decrease the selection.
- colorpicker: now sends notifications when a color is chosen (in addition to sending values via the outlet), allowing the object to be used as an embedded object inside of other externals.
- The "Show Horizontal Scrollbar" and "Show Vertical Scrollbar" settings in the patcher inspector now work.
- Fix for vst~ causing excess cpu usage in syslogd.
- tosymbol no longer crash when attempting to create too large symbols.
- dialog now sends a bang to the right outlet when user cancels.
- zl: fixed possible memory corruption using messages of more than 256 items.
- mtr: fixed duration output of next message with stored lists.
- pfft~: fixed crash starting audio when the subpatcher has no MSP objects in it.
- Fix for case where object box in subpatcher could have its text highlighted for editing after locking, closing, and opening said subpatcher.
- umenu: truncated text indicated with an ellipsis is now sized to fit within the viewable area of the umenu.
- umenu: new truncate attribute determines whether text is truncated at the right side or in the middle.
- Object palette now won't show during double click if one or more of the clicks is on a patch cord.
- coll: fix for possible crash opening colls containing large lists.
- pfft~: new 'clear' message zeros internal buffers.
- Text entered in entry dialog now accepted when edit button is pressed while editing text.
- detonate: graphic editing in max 5 is now supported.
- gate~: signal input select the right most outlet if it is greater than the number of outlet.
- fix for crash dragging in matrixctrl.
- gain~ outputs its value when a bang message is received.
- matrixctrl is more cooperative with mouse clicks.
11 Apr 2013 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.1.2
12 Nov 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.8
13 Sep 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.7
11 May 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.5
16 Feb 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.4
18 Jan 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.3
25 Nov 2011 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.1
07 Nov 2011 Cycling '74 releases Max 6 and the Gen Add-on
26 Aug 2011 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.9
30 Mar 2011 Cycling updates Max and Max for Live
08 Dec 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.7
23 Nov 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.6
06 Oct 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.5
22 Jan 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max/MSP/Jitter to v5.1.2
11 Jun 2011 A visit backstage at the Beatles LOVE Show
30 Mar 2011 Ableton updates Live to v8.2.2
08 Aug 2010 Puremagnetik releases Max Fuel, The First
24 Nov 2009 Ableton releases Max For Live