6th October 2010
Cycling '74 recently updated Max to v5.1.5.
Bug Fixes and New Features:
- jit.matrix: fix for read message problem with absolute path.
- combine: fix for crashes caused when the number of items in a list to a given inlet overflowed the number of inlets.
- vst~: fixed crashes when hosting NI's Kontakt plug-in.
- Fixed the suspend object.
- (Windows) Ctrl + '.' no longer stops scheduler when max is in the background.
- vectral~: fix for premature cutouts on Intel processors.
- live.step: down message works as expected when display_seq is set to All.
- Double clicking on a bogus poly~ no longer causes crashes.
- levelmeter~ displays the marker color properly.
- levelmeter~'s shadow respects needle transparency.
- textbutton no longer crashes when text is empty.
- nslider stores empty state in pattr (polyphonic mode).
- live.guilib: objects' default values with non standard ranges are properly initialized when initial_enable is not set.
- Fix for jitter crash with Spanish language chosen for Regional setting on Windows.
- pattrstorage: scroll positions retained when rebuilding client and storage windows.
- pattrstorage: setting 'active' state no longer causes a complete client/storage window redraw.
- sfplay~ can now open audio files with long names.
- buffer~ updates number of channels on import.
- live.gain~ colors can be customized.
- Patch cords are deselected when switching to presentation mode thus preventing accidental cord deletion or floating diamonds.
- File browser: fixed 'reveal in finder' function for items displayed in a folder listing.
- Toolbar buttons change state immediately after clicking now.
- bpatcher: de-encapsulating a subpatcher in an MRO'd view of a bpatcher works.
- pattr: error message on @bindto failure restored.
- vst~: fixed operation of the default plug-in.
- vst~: editor window for the default plug-in now displays correct gain values.
- vst~: the generic interface (for plug-ins with no ui) now updates the value column when the parameters are changed.
- file browser: file information in the preview area is now accurate when browsing nested sub-folders.
- buffer~: read message with only 2 arguments imports the number of channels specified in the sound file header.
- js: Eliminated a source of GC-related memory leakage when querying Patcher object properties.
- jsliveapi: eliminated random crashing in GC code.
- poly~ no longer crashes when the patchername message has a bad argument.
- cellblock: A -1/-1 entry eliminates the visible cell selection.
- "; max showclue" displays the clue window in runtime and standalones (for objects which have annotation attributes set).
- jit.openexr includes Cg frameworks automatically when making a standalone.
- jit.gl.text2d: fix for memory leak.
- pattr: eliminated potential memory corruption when bound objects are re-instantiated.
- Fixed saving from a subpatcher in an abstraction that was edited by issuing the MRO command on a new view of a bpatcher.
- Closing top-level-patcher when an abstraction is open, MRO'd and dirty now gives the user a choice of what to do (save, discard, cancel).
- svg files are properly included in a collective.
- jit.gl.text2d: more memory leak fixes.
- Fix for possible crash showing clue window on startup.
- Fix for warning message called on invalid object messages when jitter objects are instantiated but jitter is not authorized.
- Fix for crashes when loading jit.vcr or jit.gl.asyncread when jitter is not authorized.
- loadbang in patcher containing poly~ no longer fires inappropriately first time the poly~ reloads its patcher.
- Disabling the debugger now restores original overdrive setting automatically.
- jit.conway:fix for divide by zero crashes with birthmark enabled.
- Watchpoints and breakpoints are disabled for a device open in the MFL editor to avoid crashes.
- When Debug is enabled and an MFL device is open in the editor the debugger will now ignore any breakpoints or watchpoints that are hit from the scheduler thread.
- DSP Status patcher is now automatically included in a standalone application.
- Window getsize -> thispatcher now works before subpatcher or abstraction window is opened for a first time.
- Preset can now store large multisliders.
- Large multislider no longer crashes when recalled by a preset object through send/receive.
- jit.vcr: fix for crash when Jitter is not authorized.
- Fixed crash when a jgraphics context is deleted before all pushed jgraphics state objects have been restored.
- jweb: better clipping behavior, particularly within bpatchers.
- Removed some Rewire errors.
- text: fix for the 'editwith' message following the opening of a file using the dialog to open the file.
- jweb: eliminate potential crashes on OSX when closing patcher window.
- pattr: eliminate crash when receiving 'bindto' with no argument.
- windows: no longer drops sysex messages when too many are received too quickly.
- cellblock: Fix calculations for horizontal scrolling boundaries.
- parameters: new attribute to toggle deferral of automation and remote control output to the GUI thread; off by default, this attribute can be used to reduce the frequency of value changes resulting from automation and significantly reduce processor load. In combination with the new parameter_speedlim attribute, device developers now have fairly comprehensive control over the automation of their parameters.
- Fix for CoreAudio support for Tascam US-1641.
- filtergraph~ now has a hfgcolor attribute to set the highlight foreground color.
- cellblock: Improve vertical and horizontal cell visibility calculations.
- cellblock: Implement new 'automouse' attribute and message to disable mouse-drag scrolling.
- live.observer: the typed-in property argument was getting lost under certain circumstances.
- file browser: hyperlinks for opening the help patcher or ref page appear properly in the file preview for objects.
- file browser: double-clicking an object's name in file browser will open that object's help patcher.
- jit.gl.texture/slab: fix for errors when recreating contexts with floating point textures that are read back to jit.matrix.
- jit.gl.texture/slab: fix for memory leak when reading back to jit.matrix.
- jit.gl.texture/slab: fix for floating point resolution issues.
- jit.gl.texture/slab: uninitialized memory fix (occasionally led to mysterious non-reproducible problems).
11 Apr 2013 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.1.2
12 Nov 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.8
13 Sep 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.7
11 May 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.5
16 Feb 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.4
18 Jan 2012 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.3
25 Nov 2011 Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.0.1
07 Nov 2011 Cycling '74 releases Max 6 and the Gen Add-on
26 Aug 2011 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.9
30 Mar 2011 Cycling updates Max and Max for Live
08 Dec 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.7
23 Nov 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.6
06 Oct 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max to v5.1.5
22 Jan 2010 Cycling '74 updates Max/MSP/Jitter to v5.1.2
11 Jun 2011 A visit backstage at the Beatles LOVE Show
30 Mar 2011 Ableton updates Live to v8.2.2
08 Aug 2010 Puremagnetik releases Max Fuel, The First
24 Nov 2009 Ableton releases Max For Live