D16 Group has updated Nepheton (v1.1.2) and Drumazon (v1.1.7) and officially released the Mac OS X Audio Units versions. The new versions share the following changes (plug-in specific changes are listed at the end of this news item):
Internal sequencer management:
- Basic functionality of sequencers is as similar as possible.
- Default settings were changed (Int Seq is on, Int Sync is on).
- Host play detection while sync with host was fixed, improved and unified.
- Patterns Load/Save usage unified.
- Randomizer behavior unified.
- No master output available. All instruments are routed to 1st output by default.
- Routing management unified.
- Trigger Output (audio) is present and is routed always to last available output.
- Mono/Stereo modes for all audio outputs.
Preset management. All drum machines have identical behavior:
- Each preset covers whole drumkit.
- Presets are organized in groups.
- Preset manager is available.
- Preset storing behavior (available in options).
- File naming conventions.
Default resources can be defined:
- Internal patterns.
- MIDI CC map.
- Drum map (for external mode).
- Settings management is unified (Options button).
- MIDI learn usage unified.
- GUI updates.
- Naming MIDI notes with patterns' names or instruments' names (depending on work mode). This function can be unavailable if host doesn't support it.
- Bugs with parameters automation were fixed.
- MIDI Outputs for internal seq mode (available in VST only at the moment).
Specific Drumazon Changes:
- Internal Seq modes were changed.
- Pattern Store button was removed.
- Randomizer works also on flam'ed steps.
- Rescale function was removed.
- Shuffle, Flam and Tempo are stored per pattern.
- Total Accent level is global.
- Leds for pattern length indications were added.
- Separate display for internal tempo was added.
- Instruments' activity leds were added.
- Added single track shifting during internal patterns edition.
Specific Nepheton Changes:
- Number of audio outputs is reduced to 12 (due to some hosts' limitations).
- Draggable tempo display for internal tempo change.
- AU beta bugs were fixed.
- Part1/2 indication bugs were fixed.