18th August 2005
Major changes since version 1 include:
- Audio Units and VST support for Mac OS X.
- Full side-chaining (for multi-track hosts): control effects on one track using audio from a different track.
- MIDI control and MIDI Learn:
- MIDI Learn gives instant control of any QFX plug-in using an external MIDI control surface.
- Advanced MIDI control modules allow keyboard-driven effects to be built using the Workbench.
- Additional plug-ins:
- SideDyn: sidechain compressor & gate, e.g. for voice ducking between tracks.
- ChainSaw: side-chaining resonant filter for multi-track hosts.
- Trance Gate: 32 step rhythmic gate & filter, synchronizes to host tempo.
- Q-Delay: tempo based 3 channel delay, filter & panner.
- Enhanced access to QFX plug-ins:
- Direct listing for fast pinpointing of effects in host applications.
- Improved support for 3rd party DirectX-VST adapters.
In addition to the Workbench and 50+ Factory Effects, customers buying Quantum FX v2 will receive two bonus premium plug-ins:
- "Destination" is a full mastering toolkit in one effect. The renowned db audioware mastering technology updated for a new generation.
- "Aura" is the latest in a long line of virtual guitar amps from db audioware. Loosely modelled on a classic British design (but with a highly modified gain/EQ structure), Aura has the authentic sound and "feel" of a good hardware amp.
Quantum FX v2 is on sale for a limited period at the reduced introductory price of US$239 / EU€215 / GB£149. Registered QFX v1 owners get a free upgrade; customers of other db audioware products can claim 10% discount off the introductory price.