db audioware has announced the releases of Vocal Intensifier, a new "Advanced Vocal Intensifier" plug-in - the first in a new series of "Studio Specialist" plug-ins.
Vocal Intensifier gives vocal tracks added punch and presence, to make them stand out in the final mix. It uses an advanced studio technique called "parallel compression" (also known as "New York compression"), often used for drum tracks but here specially tuned for vocals. The advantage of this technique is that it boosts the loudness and presence of the vocals without destroying the dynamics of the original performance.
db audioware Studio Specialist plug-ins capture complex audio engineering techniques in simple, efficient user interfaces. They are designed to save time and effort for the busy studio engineer. "Experienced sound engineers often use quite advanced techniques to solve challenging problems" says Dave Brown, Director of db audioware. "These new plug-ins make it easy to apply those techniques, and can be used regardless of experience."
Vocal Intensifier features include:
- Advanced algorithm boosts vocals without loss of detail.
- Efficient user interface saves valuable studio time.
- Uses parallel compression technique, tuned for vocals.
- Encapsulates 64 bit EQ, compression, de-essing & limiting.
- Inherently phase-coherent design.
- Full MIDI control, with easy to use MIDI Learn.
Vocal Intensifier retails at $79 / €59 / £39 and is available for immediate purchase and download for Windows (VST) and Mac OS X (VST, Audio Units).