10th May 2010
de la Mancha has released sixtyfive, a vintage-style, RMS Compressor, inspired by the dbx 165A, a classic 1970s compressor found in many studios, but it also adds a couple of new twists.
It's a soft-knee RMS compressor with a vintage flavour. The RMS detection and soft-knee help to give a smooth and musical compression experience, the non-linear response imparts character and the gentle saturation brings colour and warmth. As well as all of the originals features, this version adds parallel compression, extended knob ranges and peak metering.
sixtyfive can deliver a range of compression from gentle smoothing of vocal performances to brutal slamming of your drum buss.
- Vintage style RMS compressors with non-linear response, parallel compression and comprehensive metering.
- Subtle colouring from a unique blend of harmonics, saturation and noise.
- RMS detection offers natural response.
- Soft Knee makes for a less obvious transition.
- Wet/Dry control allows blending of dry uncompressed signal for phase-free NY style parallel compression.
- Non-linear attack/release curves give unique character.
- Auto attack/release with manual option.
- Manual attack/release has ultra-low values.
- Distortion reduction for very short release times.
- Linked Stereo input detection, can be unlinked.
- Internal or external sidechain routing.
- Additional 'Internal sidechain only' version.
- Optional hard limiting on final output.
- Metering covers stereo input, output and gain reduction. All meters show actual and peak levels with adjustable peak hold time.
- LED display to indicate above and below threshold, and in the knee.
- Non-linear knobs for precise control at small values.
- 18 presets covering different configurations.
sixtyfive costs $15 and is available for Windows as a VST effect plug-in.
12 Nov 2011 de la Mancha launches Winter Sale 2011
06 Sep 2011 de la Mancha upgrades basic to basic 65
03 May 2011 de la Mancha releases Strip T's - Channel Strip
16 Dec 2010 de la Mancha launches December Sale (25% off)
15 Nov 2010 de la Mancha releases ClipStar - Soft Clipper
11 Jun 2010 de la Mancha releases truc2
10 May 2010 de la Mancha releases sixtyfive
17 Feb 2010 de la Mancha releases bassbomb and PULS
11 Dec 2009 de la Mancha releases FMMF
24 Nov 2009 de la Mancha releases QB-3 - EQ