20th April 2010
de la Mancha has announced the release of Urban Decay, a multi-band distortion effect with 13 different flavours of dirt across 3 perfectly split frequency bands.
At the heart of it are 7 different distortion types, each designed to bring a different way to dirty up your audio, and together form a powerful combination. 3 of the distortion methods also have 3 algorithms each, allowing more tweaking to get the filth quota just right.
Want different amounts of distortion across the bass, mids and highs? No problem. You can adjust the wet/dry mix level and volume across 3 frequency bands to really get the sound you want. You can accurately adjust the split points of the 3 bands and there is zero-phasing and zero-crossover, due to using the inversion method.
- 3 band distortion effect with 13 flavours of dirt.
- 7 distortion effects, with 13 combinations.
- 3 bands can be split by frequency or layered at full spectrum.
- Splits can be adjusted to 1Hz accuracy.
- Split method uses inversion, so there is no crossover or phasing.
- Each band can be adjusted for wet/dry mix level and volume.
- Each band can be muted for sound design or dual/single band operation.
- Each effect can be muted for sound design or to save CPU.
- Master wet/dry mix level and volume.
- Optional soft or hard limiting.
- 40 presets.
Pricing & Availability
Urban Decay costs $15 and is available for Windows as a VST effect plug-in.