31st January 2007
Defective Records has released Major Malfunction v1.0, a new Mac OS X realtime audio plugin specifically created for use in Ableton Live. It allows you to easily mangle, glitch, slice and dice, and otherwise FSU in your audio stream, in either subtle or extreme ways. You use it as either a VST or an AU plugin in Live via Pluggo.
Major Malfunction syncs itself to the Ableton Live tempo automatically, and processes the incoming audio in a number of different user-specified ways, or even randomly selected ways if the user prefers.
- Realtime VST/AU plugin effect.
- 6 different DSP effects, including "pass through" available to choose from.
- Each DSP effect has 4 preset slots, and individual volume and stereo pan controls.
- 8 different 64 step patterns can be stored in preset slots, and saved to disk.
- Global volume and dry/wet mix parameters.
- Almost every parameter can be automated and controlled via MIDI.
Major Malfunction costs $10 and is available now; a free demo is also available.
28 Mar 2011 Defective Records releases M185 Step Sequencer
26 Feb 2005 VSTiHost OSX updated to v3.1.2X
06 Mar 2014 Novation announces Launchpad S Control Pack
17 Feb 2014 e-instruments releases Studio Bass for Live 9
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim
04 Feb 2014 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.2
23 Jan 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.1
20 Dec 2013 Standard Beat Co. 50% Off Holiday Sale