13th July 2007
Defective Records Software has announced the release of Major Malfunction version 1.5, a new version of the Mac OS X realtime audio plugin specifically created for use in Ableton Live. It allows you to easily mangle, glitch, slice and dice, and otherwise FSU in your audio stream, in either subtle or extreme ways. You use it as either a VST or an AU plugin in Live.
- New effects: distortion, vocoder, slow down, & silence.
- New enhancements to gate effect.
- New master multipass filter.
- New click reduction.
- New "effect gapping".
- New clock multiplier.
- New randomize and evolve functions for effects.
- Grid state & all parameters now saved with Live session.
- Improved preset management.
- Improved automation support.
- New ability to turn hints on/off.
- New undo feature.
- Now works correctly with Novation automap controllers.
- Now supports multiple instances of plugin in one Live session.
- Efficiency improvements "under the hood".
- Small bug fixes.
Major Malfunction v1.5 costs $15 and is available now; it is a free update to registered v1.0 users. A free demo is also available.
28 Mar 2011 Defective Records releases M185 Step Sequencer
26 Feb 2005 VSTiHost OSX updated to v3.1.2X
10 Apr 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.2
06 Mar 2014 Novation announces Launchpad S Control Pack
17 Feb 2014 e-instruments releases Studio Bass for Live 9
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim
04 Feb 2014 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.2