Defective Records Software has announced the release of Major Malfunction version 1.5, a new version of the Mac OS X realtime audio plugin specifically created for use in Ableton Live. It allows you to easily mangle, glitch, slice and dice, and otherwise FSU in your audio stream, in either subtle or extreme ways. You use it as either a VST or an AU plugin in Live.
- New effects: distortion, vocoder, slow down, & silence.
- New enhancements to gate effect.
- New master multipass filter.
- New click reduction.
- New "effect gapping".
- New clock multiplier.
- New randomize and evolve functions for effects.
- Grid state & all parameters now saved with Live session.
- Improved preset management.
- Improved automation support.
- New ability to turn hints on/off.
- New undo feature.
- Now works correctly with Novation automap controllers.
- Now supports multiple instances of plugin in one Live session.
- Efficiency improvements "under the hood".
- Small bug fixes.
Major Malfunction v1.5 costs $15 and is available now; it is a free update to registered v1.0 users. A free demo is also available.