Digital Brain Instruments has released Voxpat Player, a standalone software application developed as a quick start for those interested in monster, creature and robotic sound design, and also for low-budget projects, students and musicians.
Voxpat Player is a simplified Voxpat version which allows processing the input signal through all the presets developed by sound designers such as Frederic Devanlay, Stephan Schütze, Kate Finan, Russell Gorsky and Saro Sahihi.
Create monster, creature and robotic sounds for games, films, music and multimedia projects in just a few minutes. Procedural audio, audio synthesis, audio convolution, among other audio manipulation techniques are used to create multiple layers of sound using your voice, samples or plugin instruments.
- Real-time audio processing.
- Process WAV, AIFF and MP3 files.
- Input modes: Microphone, Audio Player (up to 4 files) and Virtual Instrument Player.
- Output Morphing: Morphing between wet & dry signals.
- LFO & automatic LFO rate modulation.
- Master Rack: 2 plug-ins, 5-band parametric EQ, Pitch Shifting & Cut Off Filter.
- Recording: Up to 192kHz/32-bits. Dry/Wet signal recording available.
- Sample Processing. Process any sample in one click.
- MIDI Matrix: Control Voxpat via your MIDI device.
- Presets: Includes 71 presets from respected sound designers. Save & load your own presets.
- IO Routing: Play/Record audio from any DAW/Audio Editor.
- Keyboard shortcuts.
Price: 29€. Available for Mac and Windows.