Dinosaur Studio has released Autoharp, a thoroughly sampled virtual instrument version of a well-preserved vintage MEG Autoharp by Oscar Schmidt. It's been programmed in the SFZ format.
- 528 24 bit samples.
- All 127 MIDI notes – 10 1/2 octaves of sound.
- Seven articulation layers for each chord.
- Release samples on all chords.
- Pick noise controlled by Mod Wheel.
- Automatic damping noise controlled by Sustain Pedal.
- Three octaves of single notes plus alternates controlled by AfterTouch.
- Six octaves of chords.
- Open string strums for atmospheric pads.
- Other effects – key noises, plucks, etc.
Download is free, with a suggested donation of $10 through PayPal.
Both the download link and PayPal link are found at the instrument's web page.