10th February 2010
discoDSP has announced the release of Discovery Pro R5.
New in R5:
- WAVE PAD Synthesis Button. Resynthesis of any active Wave using PADSynth algorithm, generating a SFZ file (Data Folder/PAD Cache).
- New Classic.dwb WAVE bank, including over 250 popular synthesizer waveforms.
- New voice stealing algorithm.
- New MIDI CC button mode.
- 24-bit wave files support for User Bank (Data Folder/User.dwb).
- Help > Tutorials screen shots, MIDI CCs and Manual.
- Edit > Smart Randomization.
- File > Nord Lead 2 SysEx Export.
- File > Open Data Folder.
- File > Open Unison Configuration.
- Edit > Config > MIDI CC Buttons switch.
- WAVE Active file is now marked in the drop down menu.
- HTML Manual (Windows).
Pricing, Updates and Cross-grades
Discovery customers can cross-grade to Discovery Pro R5 for €70. Previous Discovery Pro customers can update to R5 for €39. Discovery Pro costs €149 / $199 / £129 / ¥18.500 for new customers. Demo versions are available for Mac OS X and Windows.