9th September 2011
DMG Audio has released EQuick, a streamlined EQ plug-in "built to help you make your mixes magnificent". DMG Audio say it's fast, intuitive and flexible and features a clear graph built with accessibility and efficiency in mind.
- Low CPU usage for high instance counts.
- Generates super-high-quality prototypes. Clear undistorted top.
- Linear phase mode for mastering and special channels.
- 32 bands of EQ, Q 0.1->50, +/-36dB range.
- Each band can be Peak, HPF, LPF, High Shelf, Low Shelf or Notch.
- Each bank can process Mid, Side or the full stereo image.
- Fully parametric filters (high and low-pass), 6/12/18/24/30/36/42/48db/oct.
- Five different UI sizes.
- M/S processing per-band with listen.
- Windows VST and VST3 as 32+64bit, RTAS 32bit.
- Mac VST, VST3 and AU as 32+64bit, RTAS 32bit.
- Bells and notches, with a +/-36dB range, and a Q range from 0.1 to 50.
- Shelves which let you move the resonance above or below the curve.
- Filters at 6/12/18/24/30/36/42/48 db/octave, sweepable resonance.
- Adjustable gain-q interaction for 'musical' usage.
- Clutter-free modern interface.
- Big, clear, anti-aliased graph.
- Hi-res Spectrum analyser.
- Range, to scale the EQ response, both +ve and -ve.
- Frequency shift, to allow you to retune the response.
- Large, configurable spectrum-analyser with readout.
- Control linking to move sets of bands together.
- Configurable VU, with variable ballistics.
- 8 banks of A/B.
- Full preset management system.
- Autolisten mode, for quick finding/adjustment of frequencies.
Pricing & Availability
EQuick costs £74.99 and is available for 32- and 64-bit Windows and Mac OS X in VST, VST3, AU and RTAS formats (RTAS is 32-bit only). It's free if you already own EQuality.
A couple of discounted plug-in bundles are also now available:
- EQuality, EQuick and Compassion Bundle:£224.98.
- EQuality and EQuick Bundle: £124.99.