22nd March 2010
DMG Audio has announced the release of EQuality, a new EQ plug-in for Windows (incl. x64) VST and VST3, Mac VST UB and Mac AU 32+64-bit UB (with RTAS versions coming "very soon"). It costs £74.99 until April 20, 2010 (25% off).
Most people have quite a collection of EQs - some are models of hardware, some are workhorse EQs for surgical correction, or for guiding a track into a mix, some are for mastering. EQuality is not a model of a specific piece of hardware - it's more ambitious than that. EQuality aims to be a great replacement for all your EQs. That's been the driving factor.
DMG Audio says that "from the bottom up, EQuality sounds as good as an EQ can sound. By that, I mean the prototypes are as close to the consistent analogue shapes as can be achieved digitally, without spending extra CPU. When you want to spend extra CPU to close the deal, you can do that too, but so far not many people have reported finding occasions where the difference is perceptible."
- New technology for generating EQ coefficients that gets you an undistorted, clear analogue-matched top-end.
- Linear phase processing.
- Analogue phase-matched processing.
- Bells and notches, with a +/-36dB range, and a Q range from 0.1 to 50.
- Shelves which let you move the resonance above or below the curve.
- Filters at 6/12/18/24/30/36 db/octave, sweepable resonance.
- Extra hi-pass, so you can remove rumble on every channel without spending a band on it.
- M/S processing mode, allows you to process Mid, Side or the Stereo image.
- Adjustable gain-q interaction for 'musical' usage.
- Three different UI modes, to suit your taste.
- Range control, to allow you to scale the gain of the EQ response with one control, both positively and negatively.
- Frequency shift, to allow you to retune the response.
- Large, configurable spectrum-analyser with readout.
- Configurable VU, supporting K-metering and variable ballistics.
- 8 banks of A/B.
- Full preset management system.
- Autolisten mode, for quick finding/adjustment of frequencies.
- Flat button on UI for rapid reset.
- Clip LED.
15 May 2013 DMGAudio updates EQuilibrium to v1.04
29 Mar 2013 DMGAudio releases EQuilibrium EQ plug-in
21 Jun 2012 DMGAudio updates PitchFunk to v1.02
25 May 2012 DMGAudio updates PitchFunk to v1.01
09 Sep 2011 DMG Audio releases EQuick EQ plug-in
24 Jan 2011 DMG Audio updates EQuality to v1.11
16 Dec 2010 DMG Audio updates EQuality to v1.10
26 Apr 2010 DMG Audio updates EQuality to v1.08
24 Mar 2010 DMG Audio updates EQuality to v1.04
22 Mar 2010 DMG Audio releases EQuality