21st January 2005
Drumagog 4.0 is a DirectX, VST and RTAS plug-in for Windows and MacOS X that automatically replaces drum tracks with a vast array of other samples. This is a major upgrade which will feature the following:
- Windows and MacOS versions.
- VST and RTAS formats.
- New version for Fxpansion's BFD drum module.
- Greatly improved triggering algorithm.
- Ability to do zero latency drum replacing (with the standard algorithm).
- Tone generator for adding tones or noise to drum samples.
- Full automation.
- Plug-in delay compensation in compatible hosts.
- Auto-align for perfect phase-aligned samples every time.
- Improved filter.
- Improved pitch control.
- Presets for the filter and synth.
- Uses integrated VST midi - no more need to use a virtual midi cable.
- Much more.
Drumagog 4 will be released on February 28th and will cost US$149 for the Basic version, and US$289 for the Pro version. Any existing customers who purchased Drumagog between Dec 1st 2004 and Feb 28th, 2005 will qualify for a free upgrade. All other customers will be able to upgrade to 4.0 for US$79 (basic) or US$149 (pro).
Fxpansion and WaveMachine Labs have co-developed a drum replacer front-end to BFD. Drumagog BFD is essentially Drumagog without its sample-playback features. It automatically triggers BFD's samples, and even allows you to choose BFD's kit pieces from within the Drumagog interface.
Drumagog BFD will be available in spring 2005, and has a preliminary retail price of US$199.