12th December 2013
DSP Robotics has updated FlowStone to Version 3.0.4 which includes a feature that has been requested for a long time - the ability to make your own components using external dlls. One cool aspect of this is the ability to embed dlls which allows you to make stand alone primitives.
For educators DSP Robotics introduced a feature called Local Toolboxes. This allows you to easily create a reduced toolbox so that students are only presented with the components they need to perform a particular task. The toolbox is local to a schematic and can be saved with it too. The feature may also be useful for power users who want to keep their own toolbox of favourite components to use with particular schematics.
A host of other improvements and fixes are included to make your experience even better, including enhancements to the COM Port component and improved VST preset file handling.
- New DLL component.
- New local toolboxes.
- New About To Close component.
- New launch file into focus mode option.
- Improved the preset system so you can load existing fxp/fxb files after you add or remove presets.
- Exported exes now embed the Ruby dll so it doesn't have to be extracted on launch.
- The Text Save, Bitmap Save, Preset Text File components all now create the folder path if it doesn't exist.
- Changed the MIDIToVoices component so that we steal releasing notes in preference to held ones.
- Removed the splash screen from the software as it was sometimes slowing startup and causing the odd crash too.
- Made some big improvements to the COM Port component to increase performance including running the connect in a separate thread.
- The Exe Zoom and Exe Full Screen components now work in Focus Mode.
- Fixed the Schematic File Path component which wasn't initialising on loading.
- Fixed it so that timers do not fire during loading for exe and VST.
- Fixed a problem that was causing exported exes to show as using 100% CPU because the idle wasn't working correctly.
- Fixed a crashing problem with playing MIDI notes when changing preset or doing anything that might cause a redraw to occur.
- Fixed a crash when moving from focus mode back to editor and Ruby components are present.
- Fixed a problem that could occasionally cause a crash on launch.
- Fixed several issues that could cause thread locking in the events processing.