14th December 2012
eaReckon has updated BloXpander to version 1.4.0, a major update featuring the following enhancements:
New and Improvements:
- 64-bit support: both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of BloXpander can be installed concurrently on a same computer (they do not share the same data folder).
- Direct support of jBridge (if available). Please note that BloXpander does not currently feature its own 32-64 bit wrapper. jBridge is a third party tool which is not delivered with BloXpander.
- "Smooth Mixer": all controls of the mixer have been smoothed. BloXpander will do its best to avoid pops/clicks and artifacts on a modification of the console state. For example, when an insert is muted, the plug-in it contains is suspended after a short fade out, etc.
- The main controller in MC Protocol mode now handles transport related messages and optionally sends time code and metering information to compatible external MIDI controllers.
- Improved compatibility with various third party plug-ins.
- Alternative "Hysteria meter" that gives more information about latency and ASIO performances.
- Better handling of "hot" sample rate changes.
- BloXpander is now resizable as any classic windowed application (the 'maximize' button can be used to switch to full screen mode). It is also possible to hide Aux Returns to get more visible channels on smaller screens.
- Faster loading of samples in the context of a widely used sampler plug-in.
- New "Info" box ('?' button on BloXpander's system panel).
- Updated manuals.
- …and a lot more things: replacement of missing plug-ins, improved handling of hot keys, improved MIDI engine, expert options, per plug-in options, unified operation of library and scene slots, less "paranoid" BloXcanner, etc.).
- Fixes a bug related to the MIDI tempo tap setting (was not correctly saved in some situations).
- Minor bugs fixed.