Studio Piper is a complete virtual bagpipe system. It has been developed with world renowned, gold medalist, multi-award-winning piper; Fred Morrison, and the Centre for Music Technology at The University of Glasgow, Scotland. Each stage of the production was personally overseen by Fred, working along-side former Tom Oberheim engineer, Bill Evans.
- All samples are played by Fred Morrison on his own instruments.
- Play Highland Pipes, Border Pipes, Scottish Small Pipes and Uillieann Pipes. (Audio Samples available here).
- Chromatic scale spanning 5 octaves.
- Built in reverb and delay, numerous other audio effects available.
- Upgradeable sample sets, new instruments and features to come.
- Long drone samples provide phasing and variation that define the real sound of the pipes, while remaining perfectly in tune.
- Adjustable timbre controls. Choose your sound: piercing and rousing; or sweet and mellifluous.
- Compatible with all MIDI input devices.