19th January 2005
Symphonic Choirs was recorded in the same concert hall, with the same team of engineers and producers as EastWest/Quantum Leap's Symphonic Orchestra. It is apparently the first 24-bit Choir sample library to include three simultaneous stereo mic setups (close, stage and hall), so users can mix together any combination of mic positions to control tone and ambience. The collection was designed to blend perfectly with EWQLSO.
- 5 Choirs - Boys, Alto (Female), Soprano (Female), Basses (Male), Tenors (Male) plus Solo Singers.
- Recorded in the same concert hall, with the same team of engineers and producers as the EastWest / Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra.
- Choirs recorded with 3 simultaneous stereo mic setups (close, stage and hall), so you can mix any combination of mics to control tone and ambience.
- All Singers recorded in position and chromatically sampled with multiple dynamics (non-vibrato, light vibrato and heavy vibrato).
- Slurred legato on all vowels.
- Advanced word building utility included for both MacOS and Windows that includes a text editor to type in the words you want the choir to sing.
- Includes a special version of Native Instruments' Kompakt Sampler.
- Blends perfectly with the EastWest / Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra.
- Recorded in 24-bit by Grammy-Winning classical recording engineer Prof. Keith O. Johnson.
- Produced by Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix.
- Approximately 37GB in size.
06 Dec 2013 EastWest updates PLAY to v4.1.0
19 Sep 2013 EastWest updates PLAY to v4.0.18
18 Apr 2013 EastWest updates PLAY to v3.0.47
24 Jul 2012 EastWest updates PLAY to v3.0.38
29 Jun 2012 EastWest updates PLAY to v3.0.37
15 Mar 2012 EastWest updates QL Solo Violin to v1.0.1
07 Mar 2012 EastWest updates Play to v3.0.32
02 Mar 2012 EastWest updates QL Spaces to v1.1.09
03 Feb 2012 EastWest releases Quantum Leap Solo Violin
08 Nov 2011 EastWest updates many PLAY-powered products
13 Oct 2011 EastWest updates PLAY to v3.0.25