ExtornoTechs has released V-Raxtor, a new audio plug-in host for Windows. It's available now as a Direct Download for $29.00 (MSRP).
V-Raxtor is a software solution for audio plug-in hosting in a versatile and intuitive "racks battery", connected to a multi-channel virtual mixer.
Flexibility and control over plug-in interconnection enable users to implement a consistent audio-stream-processing system.
IDE-style workspace with direct manipulation emphasis offers "new step of naturality to the human/software interaction process".
Modern pseudo-3D graphical interface with shadows, highlights, relief-mapping and smooth animation produces a realistic virtual studio representation.
Popular technologies support makes it easier to utilize today's software/hardware solutions:
- Plug-in interfaces – VST2 & VST3;
- Audio interface – ASIO;
- Graphics interfaces – Direct3D or OpenGL;
- Standardized MIDI-protocol for virtual studio control.
V-Raxtor architecture foundation stones are described below.
Virtual Device (Plug-in): Basic system metaphor. It is the actual plug-in "container":
- Plug-in Volume level control;
- Plug-in Pan level control;
- Plug-in Dry/Wet (Mix) level control;
- Plug-in Program selector;
- Plug-in Editor display button;
- Plug-in L/R-channel volume indicators.
Virtual Device Rack: Device "container". It is used for mounting multiple Devices in a stack manner:
- Input module;
- Unlimited number of Devices as FX-chain "links";
- Output module;
- Free in-rack Device reposition.
Virtual Racks Battery: Racks "container". It is used for multiple Racks aggregation in a battery manner:
- 32 separate Racks;
- Free cross-rack Device reposition;
- Gesture navigation between Racks.
Virtual Mixer: Battery signals routing and control unit. It is used for mixing, switching, changing the levels of audio-streams and so on:
- 32 separate mixer Channels;
- Volume level control;
- Pan level control;
- Send level control;
- FX on/off-switcher;
- Input (Left or Right) audio channel selector;
- L/R-channel volume indicators.
User Plug-ins List At Hand: Provides fast access to the audio plug-ins, installed on the user's machine:
- DXi (under development);
- V-Raxtor plugins (under development).
Program Assets Browser: Provides fast access to the program assets, stored by user:
- Stored Projects;
- Stored Devices;
- Stored Racks;
- Stored Mixer States;
- Stored Workspaces.
- Windows XP, Vista or Seven (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit);
- 1 GHz CPU (x86/x64-compatible);
- 512 MB RAM;
- 20 MB HDD;
- DirectSound/ASIO-compatible audio-interface;
- OpenGL 3.3 compatible video-card (Direct3D10/11 recommended);
- Internet connection for Activation;
- A MIDI-controller and/or a MIDI-keyboard recommended.
- VST2, VST3, ASIO, DirectSound;
- WAV, OGG, MP3, FLAC;
Pricing & Availability
V-Raxtor MSRP is $29.00 and is available now as a Direct Download.