Faber Acoustical has updated Electroacoustics Toolbox for Mac OS X to version 3.2, which now offers two additional tools for sale within the app via in-app purchase. These new tools include a Room Acoustics Analyzer and a Noise Dosimeter (similar to the Dosimeter tool offered in earlier versions of the Toolbox). Version 3.2 also fixes various bugs.
Have you been looking for a tool to measure the reverberation time, early decay time, clarity and definition of a listening room, auditorium, or concert hall on your Mac? With version 3.2 of Electroacoustics Toolbox, the search has come to an end. Within Electroacoustics Toolbox 3.2 you will find a new room acoustics analyzer tool (sold separately) that puts room acoustics analysis in your grasp.
The new Room Analyzer tool employs the integrated impulse response method to calculate reverberation time, early decay time, center time, clarity, and definition, as defined in the ISO 3382 standard. The Room Analyzer also allows you to adjust the Schroeder decay curve integration limits with either a click and drag of the mouse or with two independent data cursors. You can plot the calculated room acoustics parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave band center frequency.
Room Analyzer Features:
- Directly analyze impulse response (IR) data acquired in the Dual FFT Analyzer or Oscilloscope tools.
- Import impulse responses acquired from other apps and stored in AIF, CAF, or WAV audio files.
- Export calculated parameter values to CSV, TXT, or MAT files, with the option to include raw IR data.
- Save impulse response (IR) data to AIF, CAF, or WAV audio files.
- Save high-resolution plots to PDF files.
- Calculate room acoustics parameters according to ISO 3382, including T20, T30, T60, EDT, Ts, C50, C80, D50, and D80, over the entire audio frequency range, or in whole or 1/3-octave bands. Low, mid, and high frequency values for each parameter are also calculated.
- Plot room parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave center frequency.
- See the Schroeder decay curve and regression line plotted over the squared IR and manually fine tune the decay curve integration limits.
For whole and 1/3-octave band analysis, the Room Analyzer supports data with sample rates of 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz.
Electroacoustics Toolbox 3.2 also brings back the Noise Dosimeter tool that was previously available in version 2. The Dosimeter tool is also sold separately.
A free trial of Electroacoustics Toolbox is available for download from FaberAcoustical.com.
The Toolbox is also available for download on the Mac App Store.