13th January 2011
Faber Acoustical has announced the release of version 3.0 of Electroacoustics Toolbox. This latest release of Faber Acoustical's flagship acoustical test and measurement toolset is now available for purchase in the Mac App Store and at FaberAcoustical.com. Version 3 features an enhanced user interface, better control over audio device configurations, and more comprehensive user preferences.
New functionality in the Toolbox includes the option to perform arithmetic operations, such as addition, subtraction, and multiplication, on two arbitrary input channels of an audio input device. Users can also specify arbitrary FFT lengths and view live spectrogram data in 3D with a logarithmic frequency scale. Acoustical consultants, researchers, and educators can now measure percentile-exceeded sound levels in the Sound Level Meter or Octave Analyzer tools. The Octave Analyzer also supports extended low frequency bands down to less than 1 Hz.
Changes in v3.0:
- Version 3 sports an improved user interface.
- User preferences are available for individual tools.
- Default audio device configurations, including channel labels, units, and sensitivity can be saved.
- Virtual input channels can be added to audio input devices. Two-channel signal arithmetic (add, subtract, multiply) is now supported.
- Arbitrary FFT lengths may be specified in FFT-based analysis tools.
- Sound Level Meter and Octave Analyzer tools support percentile-exceeded sound levels.
- Extended low-frequency support has been added to the Octave Analyzer.
- The Spectrogram supports log frequency scales and real-time 3D spectrogram display.
- Version 3 includes various other improvements over previous versions.
- The Toolbox may now be purchased and maintained through the Mac App Store.
Pricing and Availability
Electroacoustics Toolbox 3.0 is now available for download on the Mac App Store for $599.99 in the Utilities category, or directly from FaberAcoustical.com. A free trial version is also available. Upgrade pricing is also available directly through FA's online store.
Those who wish to try Electroacoustics Toolbox before they buy are welcome to download a free 30-day trial at FaberAcoustical.com.
Minimum system requirements are an Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
12 Jun 2012 Faber Acoustical updates IOScope to v2.1
25 Mar 2011 Faber Acoustical releases SignalSuite 4
11 Mar 2011 Faber Acoustical releases SignalScope Pro v3.0