FabFilter has updated all plug-ins to add 64-bit AAX support, enabling all FabFilter users to start working with Pro Tools 11 immediately after its release. The update also includes various bug fixes and small improvements that benefit all plug-in formats.
What's new in this update?
- All plug-ins are now available as 64-bit AAX plug-ins for Pro Tools 11. The 32-bit AAX plug-ins have also been updated to the latest AAX v2 format and requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or later. RTAS plug-ins for earlier versions of Pro Tools are of course also included.
- Changing parameters via the mouse wheel will now correctly record automation and generate proper undo states. In addition, you can now also control switches with the mouse wheel.
- In the presets menu, changed the Options > View Program/Bank Numbers command to Enable MIDI Program Changes, which now actually enables/disables MIDI program changes as well as showing the program/band number for presets. This ensures that the plug-in only responds to MIDI program changes when this is desired.
- Fixed a bug in FabFilter Pro-Q that could cause mouse wheel changes for multiple selected bands to affect one band only.
- Fixed a bug in the VST3 plug-ins with a side chain that caused side-chain audition not to work if the main input was silent.
- In FabFilter Twin 2, changed displayed delay sync parameter values in the interface to correctly describe the sync duration.
- Fixed a crash in FabFilter Timeless 2 that could occur when clicking the Dry Enabled button or Dry Knob after having resized the interface.
- Fixed a crash in FabFilter Twin 2 that could occur when dragging a modulation source over the Main EG component button.
- In FabFilter Saturn, fixed a bug in the display that could cause the level sliders to be at the wrong position after opening a saved project in Wavelab 7.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent sample-accurate processing of recorded MIDI control change messages.
- Fixed a bug on OS X that could cause help hints to pop up even if the mouse cursor was outside the plug-in interface.
- Fixed a bug on Windows that could cause a system sound to be played when pressing Enter after typing a parameter value directly.
- Various small bug fixes and improvements.
The updated plug-ins are fully compatible with previous versions, and free for existing FabFilter customers. The latest versions and 30-day trials are available for download now at www.fabfilter.com/download.
System requirements on Windows are either Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP and a VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools, or Mac OS X 10.5 or higher with Intel processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools. Both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts are supported.