30th November 2012
FabFilter has updated all FabFilter plug-ins to add GPU-powered graphics acceleration. In addition, Twin 2, Timeless 2 and Volcano 2 now feature the collapsible modulation section that was first introduced in Saturn. All plug-ins have also received bug fixes and various other improvements.
Highlights in this update:
- All plug-ins now contain the GPU-powered graphics acceleration introduced in FabFilter Pro-DS, ensuring ultra-smooth animation while leaving the main CPU free to do audio processing.
- FabFilter Twin 2, Timeless 2 and Volcano 2 have a new Modulation button to easily show and hide the modulation section. By default, the modulation section is hidden to make the plug-in less intimidating at first, but you can easily look 'under the hood' when you want to tweak a preset or design your own.
- FabFilter Twin 2 displays a new keyboard section in the interface when the modulation section is hidden. The component display at the top of the interface contains a new Main EG component button, letting you easily tweak EG parameters when browsing presets.
- When multiple bands are selected in FabFilter Pro-Q, the Frequency, Gain and Q knobs will now let you change parameters of the selected bands while preserving their relative differences. Double-clicking a knob still lets you set all bands to the same value.
- Updated all VST 3 plug-ins to support new features in VST 3.5, such as a host-provided right-click menu for each parameter in the interface. Steinberg's CMC-AI controller is now also supported.
- Added mouse wheel support to buttons with pop-up menus, such as the distortion style button in FabFilter Saturn.
- Added Options > Open Other Preset option to the presets menu, making it easy to open a preset that's not in the regular presets folder.
- FabFilter Twin 2 and Timeless 2 now remember which section in the component display is expanded in Wide mode.
- Fixed compatibility issues with Adobe Premiere on Windows and OS X.
- Fixed a bug in the mono AudioSuite plug-ins that caused the Whole File option at the bottom to be disabled.
- The Mac OS X version now requires OS X 10.5 and an Intel processor. We still offer previous versions for download if you need OS X 10.4 or PowerPC support: www.fabfilter.com/support/downloads.
For a complete list of changes, see www.fabfilter.com/news.
The updates are free for existing FabFilter customers. Updates and 30-day trial versions are available for download now at www.fabfilter.com/download.