1st March 2006
FabFilter has released FabFilter Twin v1.10, which contains the following new features and bug fixes:
- Implemented new optimizations that especially work well with unison voices. CPU usage has now been reduced by more than 50% when using a high number of unison voices.
- Added a floating parameter value display to the interface for all knobs.
- Added an optional filter display view, in which the filter curves can be dragged separately or together. Using Ctrl-click or Shift-click, slope and responses can be set directly in the filter display. Use the small toggle button in the lower-left corner of the filter area to toggle between the filter display view and the normal knobs view.
- Added three new filter characteristics, especially designed for FabFilter Twin.
- Added the possibility to drag a modulation slot and move it to another place in the modulation matrix. This works even between slot banks and enables you to keep the modulation matrix organized.
- Added support for viewing modulation connections for a specific target, in addition to the existing possibility to show the connections for a specific modulation source. Connections for a source or target can now be shown by double-clicking a source icon or a target knob.
- Modulation source icons of sources that are currently in use, are now highlighted. This is very useful when browsing presets, for example. You can immediately see whether a preset uses the mod wheel, velocity, aftertouch, or other modulation sources.
- Changed the slot bank select button into three separate A, B and C slot bank buttons, which makes switching banks easier and faster. The slot bank buttons will appear dimmed if a slot bank does not contain any active slots.
- Added (vertical) Shift-drag fine-tune behavior to knobs, in addition to the current circular fine-tune mode.
- Increased the maximum number of voices to 32.
- Increased the maximum unison frequency detune to 5 times the previous maximum, which makes unison sound much better when using a high number of unison voices.
- Added a portamento mode switch for choosing either normal or fingered/legato portamento and increased the maximum portamento time to 5 seconds.
- Added ASIO support to the Windows stand-alone version.
- Slightly increased interface contrast.
- Fixed some bugs concerning LFO sync, slots being marked as 'invalid' when this was not the case at all, license validation failing on the Receptor and problems with the 'next/previous preset' button when using the plug-in in Cubase.
This update is free for existing FabFilter Twin users. If you have not bought FabFilter Twin yet, version 1.10 grants you a new evaluation period to be able to try the new features.
18 Apr 2013 50% off FabFilter Timeless 2 until May 1 2013
09 May 2011 FabFilter releases Pro-G Gate/Expander Plug-in
14 Feb 2011 FabFilter releases major Volcano 2.10 update
21 Oct 2010 FabFilter releases Pro-L - Limiter