feelyoursound.com has released MidiMidi, a software application for Windows that converts the input of the successful Kickstarter project MaKey MaKey into MIDI notes, MIDI controller values, and MIDI chords.
As shown in the video below, the combination of software and hardware makes it possible to turn any conductive material like fruits or metal into touchable areas for MIDI triggers. This way it is easy to build own MIDI controllers, MIDI drum kits, and MIDI instruments without any soldering or the need for a degree in engineering.
- The gaming centered key settings of MaKey MaKey are turned into real MIDI data.
- Support for MIDI notes, chords, and MIDI controller values.
- A special toggle mode starts and stops notes or loops with two touches.
- Ten keys can get remapped.
- Four banks are available to organize the settings.
Price: €19 / $27 (MidiMidi).