feelyoursound.com has released Sundog Scale Studio, a new composition tool for electronic musicians that "want to create great songs faster". The standalone software connects to other DAWs and hardware instruments via MIDI and sends note commands to trigger chords and melodies.
The main focus of Sundog lies on writing harmonic songs from scratch without having to worry about music theory.
This is how it works:
- Connect Sundog to your DAW.
- Choose a scale and a basenote. C Major for example sounds quite happy, E Natural Minor rather sad.
- Find chord progressions by clicking chord buttons with your mouse.
- Trigger rhythmic note patterns with your mouse, computer keyboard, or MIDI keyboard. All notes will harmoniously match your chosen chords and/or the scale.
The main features:
- Create harmonic melodies and arpeggios easily.
- Experiment with new scales and basenotes.
- Over 300 scales are available out of the box to experiment with new moods and harmonies.
- Find all fitting chords for a given scale.
- Convert MIDI note input (white keys) to scale notes.
- Cure writer's block by experimenting with new harmonies.
- Output: Standard MIDI note data.
- Input: MIDI notes, computer keys, mouse.
- Buy once, get updates forever.
Sundog costs $39 / €29 and is available for Windows.
The second half of the video demonstrates how you can write a complete verse within two minutes: www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvBr6rBuQls
20 Nov 2013 feelyoursound.com Sale: 50% Off XotoPad