FL Studio is based upon the Fruityloops technology, but has had a major update in both looks and features. FL Studio will focus more on becoming the best price/quality virtual studio available on PC today.
With a built-in full-featured sequencer, support for both VSTi & DXi plugins, advanced MIDI, 64-tracks advanced Mixer, Audio Tracks, Wave Editor and included high-quality Sound generators it has become a tempting tool for both the beginning as the advanced music producer.
It can play any sample file (WAV, SimSynth, DrumSynth) or any Fruity/VSTi/DXi/BUZZ sound Generator or Effect you feed it and export your work to WAV, MP3, MIDI or its own Fruity file format. In addition, FL Studio itself can be used as VSTi or DXi plugin into other host applications (Cubase, Logic, Orion,...).
FL Studio will come in three editions: FL Studio Express Edition (previously Fruityloops Pro), FL Studio Fruityloops Edition (previously Fruityloops Full) and FL Studio Producer Edition.
New features in FL Studio
- New Mixer with : - 64 channels - Track rerouting and chaining - Track recording with ASIO input channels support - Integrated track equalizer, volume and panning controls - Automated effects mute and effects mix level
- New audio tracks with waveform preview & support for cue points.
- Direct-to-disk recording & offline rendering of mixer tracks.
- Integrated Wave Editor (ctrl-E).
- 64 FX tracks.
- New "Piano Roll" playlist style, showing the accurate pattern lengths.
- Patterns can start at any time (not aligned to bars anymore).
- Now supports custom grid length for each individual pattern.
- New Live Mode for live performances and quick tests.
- New Cut & Paint tools are available in the Playlist and Piano Roll windows.
- The Fruityslicer now autoslices all beats without the need for BeatSlicer.
- Usable as DXi client (usable in Sonar).
- Dashboard (allows you to design & draw your own internal & midi controllers).
- Boobass (realistic Fender Bass simulator).
- Wave Traveler ('travel' through wave files using a spline based path).
- Updated Beepmap.
- Support for multi out VSTi plugins (generators only).
- ... a lot of smaller features, updates & bugfixes.
- FL Studio Express Edition at US$ 49 (FREE for Fruityloops Pro users).
- FL Studio Fruityloops Edition at US$ 99 (FREE for Fruityloops Full users).
- FL Studio Producer Edition at US$149 ($49 upgrade from Fruityloops Full).