FMJ-Software has updated Awave Audio to v10.1. New features include support for WavPack lossless compression, EBU RF64 a.k.a. Multichannel Broadcast wave format, Apple lossless a.k.a. ALAC, a wildcard pattern file renaming function, and more.
- Added support for reading and writing Multichannel Broadcast wave format (.WAV) a.k.a. EBU RF64. This is an extension to the Broadcast wave format (which is in turn based on the normal Microsoft wave format). It adds features to support for file sizes > 4 GB, as well as for high bit-depth and multi-channel audio.
- Added support for reading and writing WavPack (.WV) lossless compressed files. NB; to use this you need to install the free WavPack codec add-on (wavpackdll.dll).
- Added support for reading Apple lossless (a.k.a. ALAC) compressed data (.M4A and .MOV files).
- Added a "Pattern rename files" option (right click on the input files list to find it). This allows you to use wildcard patterns to automatically create output file name overrides for a lot of files.
- Added support for using libFLAC.dll versions later than v1.1.2.
- Added selection of data format type for .VAP files to the 'More options...' dialog.
- Added a new 'Normalize' option: "Adjust volume by selected amount", which simply allows you to select by how many dB to change the volume of the input.