FMJ-Software has updated Awave Audio to v10.4.
- Added a "Play selected" option to the "Add files" dialog where, when you select a file, you can hear its contents playing after 1s. The dialog is now also resizeable.
- Added support for the Windows Audio Sessions API (WASAPI) for audio playback. This is the "native" audio interface for Windows 7 and Vista, providing low-latency, high quality audio playback (when running on Windows XP, the DirectSound API is used instead).
- Added support for "performer" (band, orchestra) and "conductor" text meta data.
- Added support for reading audio data from Matroska container format files (.MKV and .MKA). Currently the following audio codecs are supported: MPEG, AAC, Ogg, and PCM (sorry, no AC3 or DTS.).
- Added support for reading audio from .AVI files that use OpenDML index list extensions (a.k.a. "AVI v2").
- Added support for reading .WAV files containing Ogg Vorbis format compressed audio.
- Added support for reading rare "non-seekable" .OGG files.
- Added support for reading and writing raw 12- and 20-bit signed linear PCM audio data (.L12 and .L20 files), packed as per RFC 1890 and RFC 3190.
- Added support for reading 2/2.67/4-bit SoundBlaster/Creative Labs ADPCM compression from .VOC files.
- Added support for reading and writing DAT LP (long play mode) 12-bit non-linear audio format (.DAT12 files), as per IEC 61119, and packed according to RFC 3190.
- In total, including formats already supported in previous versions, the following file extensions borrowed from RTP payload encoding names (RFC 1890 and RFC 3190), are now recognized: .L8, .L12, .L16, .L20, .L24, .DAT12, .G721, .G728, .GSM, .MPA, .PCMA and .PCMU.