Focusrite has announced Scarlett Solo, their most affordable Scarlett audio interface.
Compact and simple, Scarlett Solo is still every bit a Scarlett, with a dynamic range of 106dB and enviable noise and distortion performance. It has the same preamp quality and signature red metal case as the rest of the range; the only difference is the size - and the price.
Here's what they say: "No matter their experience level, everyone can appreciate good sound. That's the driving force behind the Scarlett range - to create the best sounding interface for every budget. For Focusrite, sound is everything."
- 2-in/2-out USB interface.
- 106dB dynamic range, -125dB EIN and -97dB THD.
- Genuine Focusrite Scarlett mic pre.
- High headroom instrument input: +14dBu.
- 24-bit audio with sample rates up to 96kHz.
- Direct latency-free monitoring.
- 1 mic input – high quality XLR.
- 1 line/instrument input – high quality ¼" TRS Jack.
- 1 Line/Instrument switches.
- 2 Gain knobs.
- 2 Gain halo signal indicators.
- 48V Phantom power switch.
- Direct monitor switch.
- Large monitor / headphone level dial.
- USB Connection LED indicator.
- Headphone output - ¼" TRS Jack.
- 2 monitor outputs – RCA Phono.
- USB 2.0 Port.
- Kensington Lock slot.
- Ableton Live Lite.
- Focusrite Scarlett plug-in suite.
- Novation Bass Station plug-in – VST / AU.
- 1GB of Loopmasters samples.
MSRP: $125.99 / $99.99 at dealers.