To celebrate the release of DCAM: Synth Squad v1.03 and the Himalaya: Antiquity preset pack, FXpansion is running a competition with some great prizes on offer.
To enter, first you need to watch the Synth Squad Recreations video (also embedded below), which contains cheeky versions of some classic synth-based songs produced entirely with DCAM: Synth Squad and Himalaya: Antiquity preset pack. All you have to do is name all 8 songs in the video.
The prizes up for grabs are as follows:
- 2 x First Prize: Win copies of DCAM: Synth Squad, Himalaya: Antiquity, BFD Eco and GURU.
- 3 x Runners Up: Win copies of DCAM: Synth Squad and Himalaya: Antiquity.
The rules are pretty simple:
- You may enter the competition only once.
- You must have an FXpansion user account (free to set up.) and be logged in.
- The competition starts from May 31st 2010 and ends on July 1st 2010.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Winners will be drawn at random from all correct entries.
The recent release of DCAM: Synth Squad v1.03 brings up to 30% less CPU usage and 480 new presets. The new version is a free update for all registered customers.
Himalaya: Antiquity is a suite of premium 'retro'-style presets for DCAM: Synth Squad. FXpansion says that the scope of Antiquity's chunky, vintage sounds is "breathtaking", and its musical character will "keep you playing for hours". Himalaya: Antiquity is a download-only product priced at £25 / €29 / $39 and available from the FXpansion Shop.
- Fat, lush OB-style brass sounds and classic analogue leads and basses.
- Deep, evolving pads, shimmering bells, funky arps, powerful keyboard and polysynth sounds.
- Startlingly realistic selection of electric piano and keyboard sounds.
- Raw Cypher presets and Fusor versions containing FX treatments and additional modulation.