22nd June 2005
GURU's architecture is perfect for anything from straight-up breaks and stomping floor-fillers to complex polyrhythmic, multi-layered grooves. The powerful built-in FX and graphical parameter automation allow you to mutate your beats into new, unheard forms, or create subtle variations. Mash up your sounds with pitch modulation, repeat triggers, start-point and timing manipulation, resonant filters and much more.
Everything from precision funk to disturbing sonic mangling and glitch beatscapes is at your fingertips.
Feature highlights include:
- 8 Engines, each comprising:
- 16 MIDI-triggered Sample Pads.
- Powerful step-sequencer with 24 MIDI-triggered Patterns of up to 128 steps.
- Three Aux effect slots.
- Insert effects slot.
- Comprehensive Sample Pad Editor offering individual control of the following for each Pad:
- Gain, pan, tuning, resonant filtering (blendable between LP/BP/HP), start/end points.
- Amp/FX envelopes.
- 8 layers (with optional velocity split and crossfades).
- Cut groups (choke groups).
- 3 Aux sends and an effect slot.
- Advanced Step Sequencer:
- 128 steps.
- 16 channels.
- 24 Pattern memories per engine.
- Graphical automation.
- MIDI remote control.
- Independent tempo multipliers.
- Real-time recording with undo.
- Flexible groove/shuffle control.
- Automated sample slicing, classification and pad mapping (kick, snare, hat, percussion) with manual slice-tuning capability and optional MIDI score extraction.
- Can load audio loops (WAV/AIFF/REX), MIDI loops, single-hits, complete kits, pattern banks.
- Includes library of over 2GB of sample content, featuring material by Yellow Tools, Wizoo, Gearshift and others.
- Eight stereo outputs, flexible routing.
- On board effects: - Delay, Flanger, Chorus, Reverb, Phaser, Compressor, EQ, Multimode Filter (ENV & LFO), Comb Filter, Bit Crusher, Distortion, Ring Mod, Trance Gate, Freeze, pitched and noise oscillators.
- Built in MIDI mapping allows you to quickly setup GURU to work with your hardware MIDI controller / groove box / drum triggers (Such as Akai MPC/MPD series, Alternate Mode DrumKat, Korg MicroKontrol, M-Audio Trigger Finger etc.).
GURU is available as a stand-alone application, ReWire device, and in VSTi, DXi, AudioUnit and RTAS plug-in formats for Windows 2000/XP and Mac OS X.
GURU is available now direct from FXpansion's online store for US$249 / EU€199 / GB£129 (excluding local taxes where applicable). GURU will also be available in stores in some countries. For details please see FXpansion's distributor listings.
23 Apr 2013 FXpansion release DCAM EnvShaper for Auria
19 Dec 2012 FXpansion End-of-Year Sale
10 Sep 2012 FXpansion releases BFD Eldorado Expansion Pack
17 Apr 2012 FXpansion releases 3 New DCAM Preset Packs
28 Apr 2009 Ohm Force launches Ohm Studio Video Cohmpetition
27 Aug 2008 Bitword releases Oxide Kits Volume 1 for Guru
26 Jul 2005 Groove Monkee releases MIDI Beats for GURU