22nd June 2007
FXpansion has updated Guru to v1.1.280 for Windows and Mac OS X (Universal Binary).
New in this version:
- Numerous bug fixes.
- Drag and drop a Pad to export a wave.
- Much improved sample file management.
- Overall consistency of graphical controls has been much improved -- text boxes, menus and buttons behave in a consistent way.
- Improved CPU performance.
- Improved GUI performance.
- Supports DAE mode in MOTU Digital Performer 5.x.
- MIDI export now includes all the graphs, exported MIDI clips will trigger Guru exactly like the sequencer, and overall the MIDI output is as accurate as it's possible for a MIDI file to be.
- VST MIDI Output.
- Full MMC support in standalone.
- Gate, Shot and Trig modes should now trigger MUCH more precisely - no more sloppiness or dropped notes - this means you can do some very cool things with rapid-succession triggering of patterns (retriggering or switching patterns every 16th...).
- Host sync is much more accurate.
- Metronome intelligently supports non-4/4 measure structures -- w using a 12-step or 24-step pattern, metronome now clicks on every 3rd note instead of every 4th, as tripletted 4/4 is more useful than 16th-note 3/4. To get 8th-notes in tripleted-3/4, set the shift graph to 100% for the second triplet note or to -100% for the third triplet note. We suggest using engines 2 thru 8 (as they have tempo multipliers) with the multiplier set to 3/4.
- Lots of dropped-note and double-trigger conditions fixed up.
- Velocity aware slicing and normalization -- slices and scores are now generated in such a way that hit volumes are consistent when using the sounds from one loop with the score from another, or the score from a loop with a kit, or the slices from a loop with a pattern.
- Linear Scoring mode - instead of smart-slicing by drum type, linear score maps the slices from pads 0.16 in the order they occur in the loop file.
- Multi Layer slicing - maps multiple layers to a pad (up to 8), allowing accurate playback of loops with up to 128 slices. Guru 1.0.x could only handle loops with up to 16 slices.
- Single Layer slicing - instead of mapping multiple layers to one pad, in single-layer mode only one layer per pad is generated.
- New Split-to-16th-notes and split-to-equal-16ths options.
- '16ths' splits a wave in to 16th-note length slices.
- '/16' splits a wave in to 16 equal parts.
- Favourites mode has changed a little:- In normal (non-favourites) mode, shift click a folder in the left-hand pane to add it to the favourites list; in favourites mode, shift clicking a listed folder will remove it from the favourites list.
- You can now double click on a folder in the left hand pane of the browser to open it, rather than having to go to the other pane. This makes navigating up and down the file system much quicker.
- Single clicking a folder in the left hand (LH) column simply selects it for display in the RH column, and keeps the LH column at the same level in the file system. This makes it much quicker for hopping between a few different folders of drums at the same level. Single click a folder in the RH column, or double click it in the LH column, to make that folder the new display-level in the file system.
- Much improved performance in the Loops browser.
- REX slicing quality is improved.
- Volume control for auto-preview.
- Can now move the start/end points in PAD EDIT simultaneously (click between the carats).
- Pad Edit wave start/end carats are less fiddly to use.
- In the Pad Editor, the ALT command now works for dropdown menus and combo boxes as well as knobs.
- When in select mode, and you click on a track lane, the pattern editor toggles selection on all notes in the track lane.
- When in select mode, and you right click to delete a note, all selected notes are now deleted.
- Copy and paste pattern remembers the trigger mode.
- The 'Chromatic' and 'Velocity' modes for the pattern pads are now always-on when activated, not just in REC mode.
- 'Paint volume' mode is active by default now, hold down SHIFT while dragging to create gaps.
- Reworked the graph editor so there are no more hierarchical tabs, can access all graph parameters for all pads from a single page now.
23 Apr 2013 FXpansion release DCAM EnvShaper for Auria
19 Dec 2012 FXpansion End-of-Year Sale
10 Sep 2012 FXpansion releases BFD Eldorado Expansion Pack
17 Apr 2012 FXpansion releases 3 New DCAM Preset Packs
28 Apr 2009 Ohm Force launches Ohm Studio Video Cohmpetition
27 Aug 2008 Bitword releases Oxide Kits Volume 1 for Guru
26 Jul 2005 Groove Monkee releases MIDI Beats for GURU