G-Sonique has released Mid-Side: Creative Stereo-Phase filter+, a VST effect unit for Windows that offers new creative ways of stereophonic sound modulation.
Mid-Side: Creative Stereo-Phase filter+ creates special 3D modulation effects with phasing / filtering and the illusion of effected sound that will fly around your head while the center (mid) of the sound stays untouched. From weird psychedelic modulation to side phase and filter effects. It's a useful and creative effect for producing both electronic dance and acoustic music.
Mid-Side: Creative Stereo-Phase Filter+ works on following principles
Overall sound is split into mono (MID) and stereo (SIDE) parts of the original signal. You can set a volume amount for the mid and side parts separately, while the side (stereo) part of the sound can be boosted up to 5 times and be further modulated, which creates new sound possibilities, bigger 3D stereo spacings and the illusion that the modulated sound is flying around your head.
Stereo (SIDE) part of signal is effected by:
- Phase modulation unit (6 adjustable parameters).
- Time modulation unit with the possibility to delay the side part of the signal against the mid or delay the filtered signal against the side signal, and use a floating delay modulation of the side signal by a LFO.
- Analog sounding liquid filters (9 types available) and G-Filters, a series modeled after codes from DSP chips of hardware synthesizers and analogue low pass filters with a creamy sound, again modeled after vintage hardware keyboards/synths which can be modulated by a free-running LFO (4 waveforms available).
- Mid (mono) level slider for attenuating or boosting the Mid (mono) part of the sound by up to twice the amount.
- Side (stereo) level slider for attenuating or boosting the Side (stereo) part of the sound by up to 5 times more.
- Phase modulation unit with adjustable parameters like frequency, rate, feed, depth, mix (dry/wet), phase invert.
- Time modulation unit with the possibility to delay the side part of the signal against the mid signal (side delay knob), delay the filtered signal against the side signal (side filter knob), and use a floating delay modulation of the side signal by a LFO (side delay LFO mod.).
- Analog sounding liquid filters with G-Filters, a series modeled after codes from DSP chips of hardware synthesizers and an analogue low pass with a creamy sound modeled after vintage hardware keyboards/synths: G-Low pass, G-Band pass, G-High pass, Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Band Reject, Peaking, Analogue low pass, None. Cut-off and resonance knob which can be modulated by a free-running LFO (4 waveforms available).
- Bypass for comparing your track with and without the effect.
- Dry/Wet knob for precise setting how much of effect will be applied.
- Preset manager with 60+ precisely selected example presets (from crazy weird psychedelic modulations to gentle side phase effects).
Pricing & Availability
Mid-Side: Creative Stereo-Phase Filter+ costs €16.90 but the first 100 customers can get it for €10.90.