"Envelope follower" is the technology of modulating a filter by the dynamics of a signal with set attack, release and envelope amounts – simply put dynamics and amplitude of the music signal, modulate the cutoff frequency of the filter and the result is a funky, liquid filtering effect that responds to the musical material.
But Mid-Side Envelope follower FX multi-filter+ offers much more... the signal is split into MID (mono) and stereo (side) parts, each part can be boosted or attenuated to create larger or smaller panoramic 3D effects, filtered by 9 various filters and Ring Modulation Twist FX or Analog Distortion FX. Each of the two filters (of the Mid or Side parts) can be modulated by an envelope follower (attack, release, envelope amount) and the dynamics of the music signal as well as with a LFO (speed, depth and 4 waveforms). If you prefer a less altered signal, a Dry/Wet knob is available – you can use just 10% wet and 90% dry for more gentle effects, or use a 100% wet (Altered) signal for a short part of your song, for example in a breakdown, intro or outro (using automation in your host application).
Use of Mid-Side envelope follower is almost endless and can be used for example:
- On stereo beats or percussion to create new, progressive or crazy, funky sounds.
- On individual stereo channels (real stereo with MID and SIDE parts) as synths, pads, FX.
- On main (stereo bus) channel of dance music (by automation of Dry/Wet knob in host application like Cubase, Fruity loops etc.).
- Mid (mono part of signal) and Side (stereo part) splitter, with the possibility to boost or attenuate each part. (side stereo signal can be boosted up to 5x).
- 1x MID and 1x Side filter module with 9 different filters (G-Low pass, G-Band pass, G-High pass, Low pass, Band pass, High pass, Band reject, Peaking, Analog low pass, None).
- 1x MID and 1x Side envelope follower (with attack, release, envelope amount control) that modulates the cutoff frequency of the filter.
- 1x MID and 1x Side LFO (with speed and depth control and 4 waveforms: sine, saw-tooth, triangle, Square) that can additionally modulate cutoff frequency of the filter.
- 1x Ring modulator Twist FX with knob for controlling amount of the effect from 0 to 100% on MID part.
- 1x Analog Distortion effect with a warm sound on the SIDE part of the signal.
- Dry/Wet knob of overall effect amount.
- Preset manager with selected example presets.
Mid-Side Envelope follower FX multi-filter+ costs €18 but it is now available for the special introductory price of €14.