Gallo Engineering has released Studio Devil BVC (British Valve Custom), a guitar tube amplifier modeling plug-in that is designed to mimic the character of "British"-style vacuum tube heads. This virtual tube amplifier processor is based on authentic models of 12AX7A vacuum tube preamps and tube power stages. While primarily intended for guitar amp modeling and direct recording of both electric guitar and bass, Studio Devil BVC excels wherever natural tube overdrive and distortion is needed.
British Valve Custom features the basic controls of a guitar amp: GAIN, TONE, and DRIVE. It is based on the gain structure of popular British Valve (Tube) heads like those made by Marshall with some subtle modifications to give it slightly more gain. The dynamic response and tone is faithful to those from real vacuum tube amps and reacts to your playing style just like the real thing.
- Accurate 12AX7A vacuum tube preamplifier stage emulation with DRIVE control.
- Gain structure signal path that's true to those on vintage tube amp schematics.
- Authentic Bass, Mids, Treble, and Presence TONE controls just like those on real tube amps.
- Push-pull tube power amplifier model with DRIVE control.
- FIR-based speaker/cabinet/mic modeling filter built in for a "miked-up" tone.
- 4X Up-Sampling Engine with 64-bit Internal Floating-Point Precision.
- 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, and 196kHz sampling rate support.
Studio Devil BVC is available as a free VST effect plug-in for Windows. A Mac OS X VST version is "coming soon". Studio Devil BVC will also be bundled with the 2007 release of Cakewalk's Music Creator.
The Gallo Engineering web site also has details of another forthcoming plug-in - Studio Devil Virtual Guitar Amp.
- Three Unique Amplifier Styles: Classic, British, and Modern all based on 12AX7A tube models and tone circuit modeling algorithms.
- Three Independent Channels for each style: Clean, Crunch, and Lead.
- Boost Switch re-configures and "hot-rods" each preamp stage for increased gain and modified lead tone.
- 10 Amp Voicings: FIR-based speaker cabinet and post-production modeling filters give the final sound the finishing touches.
- 180 Amp Configurations with gain, tone, and drive controls for virtually limitless tonal possibilities.
- Authentic Tone Controls: Bass, Mids, Treble, and Presence controls just like those on coveted tube amps.
18 Sep 2011 Studio Devil updates Amp Modeler Pro to v1.4
28 Jan 2011 Studio Devil releases Virtual Bass Amp Pro RTAS
15 Dec 2010 Studio Devil releases Virtual Bass Amp Pro
17 Aug 2010 Studio Devil releases Virtual Guitar Amp II
25 Feb 2010 Studio Devil Virtual Bass Amp updated to v1.2
04 Dec 2009 Studio Devil announces Holiday Savings
11 Aug 2009 Studio Devil Amp Modeler Pro now available